[Fire TV] Krypton rendering broken with mediacodec, no passthrough
Here, check that: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM/9048/ <- after it's finished. It's only for your TV - the build is called "damntv" - it won't do any good on Shield nor any other devices, handle with care.

Edit: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk <- wait until mirror is ready
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Still no AC3 passthrough with that build.

kodi-damntv.log
Retry with sw decoding please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Let's do it differently, please give me the exact model and where you bought it, I will return it for you. Zero tolerance for commercial products, that don't implement standards correctly :-)
Oh, you would actually do me a huge favor with that. The Sony Android TV's are a huge mess:

- crashes once a day
- DVB part is hardly usable
- promised Marshmallow is still not available
- Sony promised a faster processor with VP9-profile 2 support at CES for 2016 models

I just found out that all 2016 models from March (XD93, XD94, XD85) still feature last year's hardware platform (MediaTek MT5890 resp. MT5595). The low-cost models from July now get the new platform (MT5891 resp. MT5596). So the affordable models from 2016 which can actually reproduce HDR (e.g. XD93 due to local dimming) won't support YouTube HDR and VP9-profile 2 but the low-cost models (XD80/XD84, XD70/XD75) which are released 3-4 months later do and models from March are already outdated. That's pretty bad missmanagement. I would love to get rid of this TV. Neither MediaMarkt nor Sony want to take it back...
Sony killed Linux on the PS3, and sued a friend of mine for printing out their non secure private keys ...

If the TV is set, but unfixable, why not going for a RPI3?
Quote: If the TV is set, but unfixable, why not going for a RPI3?
An external box is an option yes.
Quote:Retry with sw decoding please.
So I disabled "Allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec (Surface)" and "Allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec" now. Still no AC3 passthrough with the "damntv" build.
Was sadly to be expected... I won't do anymore workaround for broken firmwares. Standard or not supported.
No problem. I am fine with SPMC. I will report back as soon as Marshmallow is available for the TV...
passthrough is now working in nightly build 20160904 on my FireTV
(2016-09-05, 23:19)AFTVboy Wrote: passthrough is now working in nightly build 20160904 on my FireTV

That's good to hear!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Fire TV] Krypton rendering broken with mediacodec, no passthrough0