v17 Poster artwork is not showing (movie)
Video 
Hello all ! 

It's my first post on this forum and, yes, i'm a newbie so I don't use fancy features like command line control etc. 
I can't manage to show poster file I got in local on my NAS. 

My kodi 17.6 is running on a Raspberry pi 3 and is connected to my NAS throught sftp. 
Each movie got it's own directory. Movies are named following this format name (year)  and the poster name (year)-poster.ext (I also tried poster.ext)

I tried 2 things in the .nfo : 
Quote:<movie>
  <uniqueid type="imdb" default="true">tt...</uniqueid>
  <thumb aspect="poster" preview="\\OMV\Medias\Films\name (year)\name (year)-poster.jpg">\\OMV\Medias\Films\name (year)\name (year)-poster.jpg</thumb>
</movie>
The second test was with the URL from IMDB instead of relative local path. 
I tried to modify advancedsettings.xml to toggle remotecontrole to true but this file seems read-only. 
Note that .nfo and picture downloading is made through homemade code and not scraping with add-in. 

Any suggestion ? 
Huh
Please provide the following...

1. contents of your nfo file pasted to Kodi Paste Site and link provided here
2. screenshot of your folder so we can see the path and contents of your movie folder

Some of the links in My Signature may be of use to you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

I read the wiki carefully and thought the following naming was correct :
nfo: https://paste.kodi.tv/povowatule
The screenshot looks ok.

Your nfo file is missing a lot of information. The <year> is wrong. It should be <premiered>2005-08-11</premiered> instead. Any reason you are creating these nfo files?

I cannot see a problem with why the artwork is not loading. Can you delete the movie from your library, then run a clean library. Now provide a Debug Log which captures you scanning the movie back into the library. Kodi should be able to see your local artwork.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I know there is well done add-in but I create the nfo myself to learn python ... it's quite efficient ! I just take the infos I need, for instance the month and day of movie's release is not necessary. I'll maybe set 1st january for every movie in premiered to bypass that. 

Here is my log, I don't see the mention of poster anywhere. Should the link to the poster's path appear in the nfo ? I saw in the wiki that the poster name was enough.
https://paste.kodi.tv/zedurebizi.kodi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poster artwork is not showing (movie)0