• 113(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
(2019-04-23, 13:31)Starmanrf Wrote: @jurialmunkey and I thought aura was great...you've outdone yourself with AZ2 as my new go-to skin...kudos!! 

Is there a bit of code I can copy and paste somewhere to have clearlogos on the player seekbar like aura ( or is it possible to add it as a feature to AZ2 In a future release)?

Also, was playing around with some screen shots and got these concepts looking pretty good, so I wonder if i could make these feature requests with perhaps an option to enable/disable in settings for folks who don't want it:

Discart(if available) with Information...

Big Plot with clearlogo (If Available)...

I'm not a skinner so not even sure that its possible on these dialogs, but i hope it keeps with the elegance of the skin ....What do you think?
Jurialmunkey has been very clear about his dislike to disc art. I have to say that I totally agree. If I can remember well, none of his wonderful skins support disc art.
(2019-04-23, 13:31)Starmanrf Wrote: @jurialmunkey and I thought aura was great...you've outdone yourself with AZ2 as my new go-to skin...kudos!! 

Is there a bit of code I can copy and paste somewhere to have clearlogos on the player seekbar like aura ( or is it possible to add it as a feature to AZ2 In a future release)?

Also, was playing around with some screen shots and got these concepts looking pretty good, so I wonder if i could make these feature requests with perhaps an option to enable/disable in settings for folks who don't want it:

Discart(if available) with Information...

I'm not a skinner so not even sure that its possible on these dialogs, but i hope it keeps with the elegance of the skin ....What do you think?

Clearlogo on seekbar is already on my todo list.

There was already a lengthy discussion in this thread about discart. The short of it is that it won't be shown on the info screen.

However it can be viewed in the artwork gallery by pressing down on info dialog till you get to the bottom and then scrolling right.

I don't like using clearlogo as headings because the dimensions are too inconsistent and it's almost impossible to get a good left/right top/bottom alignment. Only thing that works is when they are centred above body text (which doesn't suit here).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Just made the shift to Zephyr 2. I really liked the view above from Zephyr 1, but could not find it in the new version.
Is it on the to-do liste or?
(2019-04-24, 01:28)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Clearlogo on seekbar is already on my todo list.

There was already a lengthy discussion in this thread about discart. The short of it is that it won't be shown on the info screen.

However it can be viewed in the artwork gallery by pressing down on info dialog till you get to the bottom and then scrolling right.

I don't like using clearlogo as headings because the dimensions are too inconsistent and it's almost impossible to get a good left/right top/bottom alignment. Only thing that works is when they are centred above body text (which doesn't suit here). 
Great news about the seekbar and apologies I must have glossed over the discart conversation, but hadn't realised it was available at the bottom of the info dialogue , so that's cool, thanks. I can get with logos as I contribute to fanart tv and scaling a logo to fit the same space is a challenge and doesn't always translate well to some skins. Keep up the great work and ill continue to use and test. 

I have encountered an odd behaviour on info dialogue for movies. The collection info (a great feature btw) works fine when viewing a movie that's part of a set ….

e.g. avengers collection from infinity war....

But once you move to anunrelated film that doesn't belong to a set, the dialog remains with no title

e.g.awakenings 

Cheers,
Ryan
(2019-04-24, 11:23)MKej Wrote: Image

Just made the shift to Zephyr 2. I really liked the view above from Zephyr 1, but could not find it in the new version.

Ooh, I like that one as well!
(2019-04-24, 20:21)drinfernoo Wrote:

Ooh, I like that one as well!

+1
Happy Anzac day!

I notice if you have two profiles set up, the main profile selection screen looks a little odd.
I have one login for my kids and one for me and the wife.
When I got to the screen where you get to select the profile, the highlight indicating the active selection looks like it is just greying out the option... in short, it brings focus to the non-selected profile, making you go into the wrong profile

I'll see if I can get a screen shot up later today - kids are glued to the screen, so it is a little hard right now

Great work by the way, by long and far the tidiest skin around.

Still needs a few tweaks, but it is coming along.
Because there is more height in the views in AZ2, I can't get quite the same width to the list and info as the poster takes up more space.

(2019-04-25, 02:56)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Because there is more height in the views in AZ2, I can't get quite the same width to the list and info as the poster takes up more space.

That looks damn good. I'll get an update to the repo up in the morning Smile
(2019-04-25, 02:21)stilicho Wrote: Happy Anzac day!

I notice if you have two profiles set up, the main profile selection screen looks a little odd.
I have one login for my kids and one for me and the wife.
When I got to the screen where you get to select the profile, the highlight indicating the active selection looks like it is just greying out the option... in short, it brings focus to the non-selected profile, making you go into the wrong profile

I'll see if I can get a screen shot up later today - kids are glued to the screen, so it is a little hard right now

Great work by the way, by long and far the tidiest skin around.

Should be fixed on latest release.
Hi Jurial,

I am using Kodi on an old 4:3 32" CRT TV with a 576p resolution and one of the main reason I chose Arctic years ago was because of its good readability even on such a constrained screen.
I switched to Arctic 2 a few days ago and found out that fonts and icons are slightly smaller compared to Arctic 1. This is an issue for me as readability is impacted with the new skin version on this setup. So my question is: any chances to get (optional) bigger fonts and icons in the future? Please take care of good old CRT TVs Blush
(2019-04-25, 05:32)notgoo Wrote: Hi Jurial,

I am using Kodi on an old 4:3 32" CRT TV with a 576p resolution and one of the main reason I chose Arctic years ago was because of its good readability even on such a constrained screen.
I switched to Arctic 2 a few days ago and found out that fonts and icons are slightly smaller compared to Arctic 1. This is an issue for me as readability is impacted with the new skin version on this setup. So my question is: any chances to get (optional) bigger fonts and icons in the future? Please take care of good old CRT TVs Blush

Sorry, managing multiple fontsets is a pain, as is managing multiple aspect-ratios.

AZ1 from my github is usable on Leia if it suits your purposes better.
(2019-04-25, 02:56)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Few thoughts about reducing the size of the poster to give more space to the list and plot. 1) Move the title and details from below the fanart to below the poster. 2) Leave space below the poster for displaying clear logo if it exists. 3) Reduce the size of the poster a bit and leave a gap above & below it. None are particualy great imo, but just depends how much of an issue you think the smaller list and plot are.
Hi Jurialmunkey,

Just installed skin on updated osmc vero 4k+ using kodi 18.2 rc and followed "RottenTomatoes and Metacritic Setup via SkinHelper and OMDB api" instruction on page 1. Left it for a day after reboot and i still do not see any ratings added. Is there a log to see why its now working? I deleted simplecache.db and can see that its been recreated. Does it work for all views? Thanks in advance.
(2019-04-26, 01:41)st.louey Wrote: Hi Jurialmunkey,

Just installed skin on updated osmc vero 4k+ using kodi 18.2 rc and followed "RottenTomatoes and Metacritic Setup via SkinHelper and OMDB api" instruction on page 1. Left it for a day after reboot and i still do not see any ratings added. Is there a log to see why its now working? I deleted simplecache.db and can see that its been recreated. Does it work for all views? Thanks in advance.

I don't believe every view shows them. It also depends on whether your content is having the right metadata attached to it, however. Are you using local library content, or add-on content? Some add-ons may not send the information through to the skin correctly.
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226