Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
(2013-09-06, 03:13)MacApex Wrote: However, I also decided to throw a Trailer.mkv file into the movie folder, and noticed when I updated my library that the trailer also scraped as a movie, which other users have also reported. I'll have to take a look at my advancedsettings.xml file and see why that is happening.

Good night MacApex,

I also believe is wise to solve one issue at a time. Regarding your trailers being scraped: this could be happening due an inconsistency in the use of the naming pattern for the trailer extension within the movie folder and the advanced settings file. This is mainly because DVDextras will do an exception for files ending in the pattern -trailer per default, or any pattern that has been assigned to the <regexp> within the <excludefromscan> tag. Usually trailers get scraped when they do not follow the naming convention in XBMC. Choose any of the following naming conventions for your trailers:

1) <movie name>-trailer.ext (hyphen between movie and trailer)
2) movie-trailer.ext (I mean literally, without replacing the movie by the real movie name)

If you have more than 1 trailer, I'd suggest placing the rest of them within the 'Extras' folder, so they can be played as extras.

Regarding your advanced settings for DVDextras and since you are working with OS X, see if you at least have this to start so we can leave those trailers alone:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
      <excludefromscan>
        <regexp>-extras-</regexp>
        <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
        <regexp>-trailer</regexp>
      </excludefromscan>
      <excludetvshowsfromscan>
        <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
      </excludetvshowsfromscan>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Tackling on another matter: if none of the naming conventions for trailers works for you and you need a special naming for trailers, you can also define your own regexps in your advancedsettings.xml with the <trailermatching> tag. For further info visit this thread.

Hahaha, guess you have been getting lots of attention MacApex! wgstarks was already on the way with help when I was replying to you.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower

Messages In This Thread
RE: Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title - by capfuturo - 2013-09-06, 03:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8