Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title
(2013-10-20, 21:38)rob_webset Wrote: When do people want to see things?

As work on TvTunes is calming down I am starting to pick up the VideoExtras add-on again. Like the TvTunes add-on I have had to do a lot of re-work in order to prepare things for support of the new features. (While at the same time learn how XBMC does some of it's things I haven't had to look at before).

So my main focus at the moment is to give the option to persist the extras data into a database. This will be needed to support some of the things like "Showing what has already been watched etc".

This then leaves two approaches.
1) Have users scan for all extras before hand and store them in the database
2) Only store "additional info" in the database (like watched data) and still rely on searching the file-system to gather the extras available.

I started messing about with the assumption of option 1, however the more I look at it, I'm starting to think this may not be the correct approach. The first reason is that it can not be implemented as a scrapper as you can only have one scrapper enabled per directory (i.e. the movies or TV Show scraper).

Then there is the fact that listing the extras is not that frequent a task - so having a DB for all that data and forcing a user to keep rescanning whenever they rip another DVD could be a bit over the top.

So now I am thinking of option 2.
I agree that option 2 would be the better choice. Perhaps with a setting to disable the feature for people who aren't interested in this feature for their extras.

Quote:ALSO: When do people want me to release things.

Thanks, Rob

My vote would be for posts here as new features are added. I'm sure that not everyone would be interested but some I believe would like to test the new features.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Messages In This Thread
RE: Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title - by wgstarks - 2013-10-22, 03:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate extras and/or alternative versions to a movie/TV show title8