WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
@ _Shorty - no issues spending the $s, but I have small fanless build...so the issue is space. Not sure I can wedge an nvidia in there without it spontaneously combusting Smile

If I can't get it sorted I might jsut skip 16 and wait until some decent HEVC hardware is around and do a whole platform upgrade around the time of Kodi 17 (to e.g. a post skylake NUC). There's not a huge pull in V16 in terms of new features, for me perosnally so I can stick with something that works well until later, I guess.

I've raised it, though, as there's still a lot of Win/AMD users out there and they're going to hit issues with this new version. YCbCr is the AMD default and every time you re-install AMD drivers it resets to this for tv outputs for compatibility reasons. So ideally (even if it's with some banding) - correct levels with YCbCr would be possible.

The flicker issue is harder to diagnose/deal with. It's basically intermittent re-syncing events going on - i.e. the tv/projector drops the signals and then re-sync. But it's completely repeatable unfortunately Sad I will get some debug logs of that too with any luck but it's a crazy busy time of year so I might not be able to get to it before the 23rd or so when I break for the year.

Hopefully the comprehensive logs/info I provieded a few posts back is enough yo get @afdechin going with a possible fix!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Messages In This Thread
New build 14/02/2015 - by afedchin - 2015-02-14, 15:16
RE: Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread - by bossanova808 - 2015-12-14, 02:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6