Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-02-12, 00:41)metalkettle Wrote: I'm not sure which ones would and which ones wouldn't conform to the rules(obviously those with an api are fine, but Addons scraped from the html I'm not sure) but for new users surely you must admit it's confusing. They can watch South Park or Premier League football (which is a subbed service) on one addon but not another.

I'm not talking about the new user experience here, I'm talking about legality of where the streams come from. You can't tell me you don't see a difference between a stream coming from southpark.com and one from mega.co.nz/blahfilesharing/somesketchy3rdparty site?

We can't focus on everything. We're not blaming the 'new users' for their confusion. We agree it's happening and we're finally taking first steps to prevent that. This is a long road and we hope by the end of the it the new user will understand the difference, but it'll be months if not years until we're there.

We have to start somewhere, which is going after the people who are making money off our trademark using very obviously piracy addons. They can't even begin to pretend to be 'grey area', esp when you're streaming movies that aren't even out on bluray/etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by keith - 2016-02-12, 00:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23