Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
And then those that got conned with some crappy box where half the add-ons break in a month and the seller has already moved on to Shelbyville, they go to Google and a search for 'Kodi' brings them here to demand why the software is broken, because clearly these Kodi guys must be responsible for the problem. It says 'Kodi' right on the box afterall!

Kodi got popular, streaming exploded (I mean, streaming as a means to an end has exploded without Kodi as well, but still) and now you have a lot of laymen sold an 'easy to use box' when Kodi is more, a tad more challenging than that and this mess has happened. Way back in the day 'XBMC', heck, you needed a modded Xbox and even if you just BOUGHT one pre-modded, you had to be kinda big nerd to even KNOW what it was to even WANT one. So those users pretty well understood what to and not to talk about on the forum.

At Christmas a family friend was asking me about Android boxes for 'Free TV' and I was just like 'Oh yeah, no, those things break. I mean they seem cool at first but it's all shoddy Russian and Chinese piracy stuff with no real support. It's nothing I know about really'. I didn't want to be the one they called if they bought one and it borked.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by DJ_Izumi - 2016-02-14, 05:16
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23