Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-02-15, 11:42)wrxtasy Wrote: I wrote a passionate PMail to natethomas a while back now about VidOn, the worst GPL Violator and have not even had the courtesy of a reply.

Out of curiosity, are you aware that every contributor to the Kodi codebase ever still owns the copyright to their particular piece of software, which means literally anyone that has a commit can go after GPL violators?

I don't know the Vidon codebase, and I have no way of knowing exactly what parts of it are and are not being violated by Vidon. If you do know, and you have ever committed even a single line of code to Kodi, then you actually have more power than I do, as I never have committed a line, and the Foundation does not own the code, only the trademark.

So if you are seriously gung ho about going after Vidon, just do it. I've done what I can by removing them as sponsors. The rest is up to the copyright owners. I'd even be happy to ask the board to finance something if the team devs made a push for Vidon code, but literally not a single one of them ever has.

On a more critical note, this conversation is completely inappropriate for this thread. If you post about it again here, you will be warned/banned for a brief period. Feel free to start a new thread on the topic, if it matters that much to you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by natethomas - 2016-02-15, 12:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23