Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-02-16, 23:28)harlekin Wrote: On a broader note - what are the problems here?

Kodi becoming unmanageable because of what I call "drive through" support demands.

First step - simply stop caring so much about people wanting support for their "I paid for FREE" addon problems.
I used to try and provide support in the Kodi Android subforum . I don't care at all anymore. The time wasted is completely unproductive and I would rather support legitimate manufacturers and sellers in the Hardware sub-forum. The legal, intelligent guys who might actually contribute to the Kodi project or help out.

(2016-02-16, 23:48)coremailrx8 Wrote: I still maintain my position that going after youtube authors (or whatever they are called) is a bad idea, because as much harm they have allegedly done (how do you quantify this damage), they can serve a better purpose.
A Trademark is a Trademark is a Trademark. There can be no exemptions. Abuse the Kodi Trademark especially on YouTube, expect to get targeted. No exemptions for popularity. Its black and white.
If those YouTube channels that are currently abusing the Trademark do not start changing their ways, like immediately they will soon cease to exist one would think.

Remember that Team Kodi do not care about user numbers. This battle is all about abuse of the Trademark and facilitating piracy.

(2016-02-17, 00:05)Kib Wrote: We do not care about money, but it stings when the youtubers are accusing us after "attacking us because we are losing money". We are a frigging non-profit tax exempt organisation with almost no cashflow that is in danger of losing actual legitimate deals with companies to create cool free and legal add-ons and losing the non-profit status because people drag our new name through the mud and pretend to be us.

Exactly. Go after these leeches with all guns blazing.
Pick some big targets and publicise the shit out of closing down a YouTube Channel or whatever, get the message out there. Post a hitlist on the Kodi Frontpage of channels closed down. Shout it from the rooftops, back it up with stats of user numbers and popularity of the Kodi Trademarks abuser.

This is a PR war you are waging here as much as a Trademark one. Get the message across in a far far stronger manner. Burying such closures messages in the sub-forums does not do the job at all. Not one little bit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by wrxtasy - 2016-02-17, 07:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23