Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-02-18, 01:17)Ned Scott Wrote: All that being said, I do respect your opinion. I might be picking at some of the points you've made, but I do agree that this is very much a marketing issue. Cheers Smile
I totally agree on this point Ned.

PR and Marketing, you basically need to shout to be heard these days particularity online.
Pick an easy Trademark infringing target with a Soft underbelly and go after them.

Let everybody know you are going after them, exaggerate the shit out of it, shout it out, make your voice heard.
And then when the dust settles publish the fact on your own Kodi.tv home page, and keep it dynamically updated.

(2016-02-18, 12:49)Razze Wrote: Please go ahead and do a/some takedowns. From what I heard from other team members, it's a pain to get something killed on ebay, can't really speak about amazon.
I sent a letter to Amazon around the time Kodi was kicked out of the Amazon Store about fully loaded boxes still for sale on the Amazon Website itself. Those boxes basically facilitating piracy in a very easy manner, and Amazon themselves being complicit by not removing them from their own store.

You know what Amazon's response was - they wanted the content owners themselves to make a complaint and then they would take the matter seriously. Basically they don't give a shit, so long as they are making a buck out of the sale of these boxes.

I will say again you need to mount a PR campaign outlining how many of these sorts of devices are actually up for sale on places like Ebay and Amazon, etc. In fact maybe contact with the MPAA might even be a serious consideration. That is step number one...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by wrxtasy - 2016-02-18, 18:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23