Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
(2016-02-20, 21:08)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 20:50)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the info. No theres no further issues buddy, it's not the first time and won't be the last that something is lifted from a skin possibly without recognition.

Ggod luck with the skin, i know how hard it is to own a skin.

Hi,

I was actually surprised about how much this actually occurs - well not this situation where it was a case of mistaken skin identity, but where people just take other people's work without credit. It was and is one of the many things From Ashes is aiming to help rectify. If you look at the Imgur gallery you'll see that there's an "About From Ashes" button which currently links to a page outside of Kodi's range as I'm not ready to implement it yet. I intend to recognize everyone whether it's the lovely contributors here or on the Emby forums, the plugins incorporated into this theme in the past, and of course the two who originally created it.

What you can do is tell me when/where/what/etc. is already incorporated so you may be included (with evidence, naturally, that the feature was originally created by you which isn't that hard) so that you may be included on the "About From Ashes" page.

Other than that, as I said, I was handed a great theme (Exploded) with the mission to make it better while staying true to it's predecessor (From Ashes).

Hi GuardianHope, just to let you know that quite a lot it seems what taken directly from Madnox and put into this mod, it's even still marked with my comments as well as code it seems colored flags and all the cases including the directory structure has been taken from Madnox.

Please note the cases etc were all probably lifted by whoever did the Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes December Update commit as that was what they were included?

No one either past or present contacted me and to find this amount taken without contact is really surprising!!! and to be honest a little more than annoying now I see the amount take from Madnox.

I know it's open source and anyone can do this, but generally not to this level and not without politely asking or even crediting the original skinner?

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Jarvis) [3.2.02 - Updated 2/23/2016] - by Mike_Doc - 2016-02-25, 11:10
RE: Arctic Zephyr - by faugusztin - 2016-05-20, 16:40
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - by ramin_85 - 2016-06-10, 18:57
126 mb skin? - by licnexus - 2016-07-22, 22:09
Missing Menu? - by park13 - 2016-12-31, 22:11
Random music background - by papayo29 - 2017-01-05, 15:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7