Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-03-04, 13:19)BatterPudding Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 12:44)nooryani84 Wrote: I'm not about to read 28 pages, just wanted to ask a simple question. Considering the fact that most (that I've seen) users who are posting/asking for support with these piracy addons are new users, would it be possible to have a "nag-screen" that would disallow them from registering until they've read the policy on piracy addons. Make it two page so they will actually notice it or add an Answer: field that takes a line from the policy. I know it won't solve the issue itself, though at the very least you would have fewer of these threads.
That already happens. But no one reads Terms and Conditions.

Even if it was in bright red flashing strobing text the majority of users will just click through... Laugh

I run a couple of forums where my welcome text includes - if you are going to register, then type me a message in the Skype ID box. I think of it as a Captcha on Steroids. Even then most people ignore it... so I just don't authorise their account...

Honestly The Terms and conditions need to be redone, the font particularly pertaining to Piracy addons, should be big and Red, so that people want to read it. As it stands right now the T&C is a long winded paragraph that nobody is going to pay attention too. But if you had say two T&C pages, one in Big (and by Big I mean Huge) red letters that people will read about the piracy addons, and another with all the other info in it, more people might actually pay attention to it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by MrsAngelD - 2016-03-04, 19:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23