Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
(2016-03-30, 11:07)Marklar Wrote: Hi Warner,

I'm using your GTS 450 profiles on my 760 and most everything works fine but I have come across a few tv shows with high bitrate 1080p that have micro stutters, They work find in vlc and on my pc monitor with kodi/mpc but not in kodi/mpc when viewing on my TV 1080p @ 24p

What settings would be to keep as much quality as possible but get more performance? I have just tried changing chroma from super-xbr100 + AR to Catmull-Rom + AR but the micro stutterers still persist.

I don't know if this help as I had to pause and go into window mode to get the screenshot so it should be exclusive full screen 10 bit and also the rendering stats change, but here it is anyway

You are using DXVA image upscaling. This will override every other setting. Those stutters might be corrected by disabling image scaling in zoom control. You can turn off upscaling if a video falls within a certain number of lines (e.g. 10 lines or less).

If that isn't the problem, use ordered dithering and Catmull-Rom chroma upscaling. There isn't much else to adjust (perhaps use crispen edges if you want image enhancements?). If that still doesn't work, make a profile for that content that uses DXVA2 image upscaling.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - by Warner306 - 2016-03-30, 20:19
no image doubling tap - by oxynaz - 2016-12-13, 13:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5