Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2016-10-19, 20:19)rik81 Wrote: Thanks again for everything ... I want to clarify that following the directions found here, I was able to start the games with their emulators Retroarch, to show Artwork nes snes n64 genesis sms etc ... only setting that does not work is MAME ... with rom0.139 .... start the games with Mame 2010 by ael ... but I do not see Artwork .... I expect you to understand this ... while I'm trying to learn romlister and crlmamepro and emumovies for perfecting my Artwork .... some advice on this also? thank you

If the artwork is working well for non-MAME launchers then it's very strange it does not work for MAME ROMs...

OK, first thing to do is to check the artwork you have. Go to your MAME launcher, select one ROM. Then, context menu "Edit ROM", "Edit Assets/Artwork". You should be able to see the artwork you actually have for that ROM, for example, title, boxfront, boxback. Repeat the same process for a couple more ROMs.

Then, go to the MAME launcher, context menu "Edit Launcher", "Manage ROM list", "Choose ROMs default assets/artwork". Standard Kodi skins only display Thumb and Fanart, some skins display poster and some skins display Banner/Clearlogo. Make sure that Thumb points to the correct ROMs asset and same for fanart. In my setup, for MAME Thumbs point to Title and Fanart points to Snaps. You can download both from Progretto Emma for all MAME ROMs.

Also... a 50 cents worth of advice. Building a complete, beautiful setup is a long process that takes time and patience. If you just want to try a couple of ROMs with one emulator then you will be up an running in 10 minutes. However, having a setup with the 10 most typical consoles plus MAME with, let's say, 20,000 ROMs in total, and reasonably amount of artwork takes a long time.

Finally, AEL is still in development which means there could be significant changes between versions. That's the reason I haven't finished yet some decent tutorials. Once 1.0.0 is released, and maybe some views that fully support AEL are ready, then I plan to write more step by step guides about how to setup things.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2016-10-20, 06:53
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12