Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
Hi,

The upgrade should be transparent as usual. Just install the new version when released, then open AEL settiongs, I/O tab, and execute "Check/Update all databases". That should bring all the databases up-to-date.

(2017-09-26, 16:41)yevaman44 Wrote: I modify some stuff in the code ( hide favorite with the line you gave me),

Thank should be OK. AEL 0.9.7 incorporates that fix.

(2017-09-26, 16:41)yevaman44 Wrote: spend hours to hide games of my romsets ( clone and proto).

The worst-case scenario that may happen is that for some reason the launchers or ROMs database gets corrupted. In this case you will need to rebuild (create launchers and scan ROMs again). This is very unlikely but it may happen. If you deleted the physical ROM files and then rescan then it's OK. If you deleted the ROMs from AEL database but didn't delete the ROM physical files then if you rescan again the deleted ROMs will show up again.

AEL 0.9.7 incorporates a new launcher display mode named 1 game 1 ROM (1G1R). This display mode requires a No-Intro DAT file and filters all the clone ROMs only displaying the parents as dictated by the DAT file. Future version of AEL won't require a DAT file at all (will be able to generate the Parent/Clone groups based on the ROM filenames) and will include filtering options (like you prefer ROMs from Japan, Europe or USA). In other words, NARS Advanced ROM Sorting features will be embedded into AEL. Note that all MAME-related features are already embedded into Advanced MAME Launcher with its powerful set of ROM filters.

In any case, I always recommend to keep a copy of your original No-Intro ROMs, and then keep another directory for AEL ROMs where you do any modifications if necessary. For example,

Code:
/home/kodi/ROMs/nintendo-snes/ -> Original copy of your SNES ROMs
/home/kodi/AEL-ROMs/nintendo-snes/ -> Here is the ROM path of AEL SNES launcher. Here you only copy the ROMs that you want to show up in AEL

In this way, if something happens with AEL database you can rebuild your setup very quickly.

Another way of organising your setup is that you create a SNES launcher with all the No-Intro ROMs, and the you create a ROM Collection with the SNES games you like. In this way, if something happens to the SNES launcher you still will have your selection of SNES ROMs into the SNES ROM Collection. If you upgrade the ROMs in the SNES launcher or completely rebuild it AEL is able to automatically link the SNES ROMs in your collection with the new SNES ROMs in the launcher. Also, ROM Collection ROMs can be launched even if you completely delete the original SNES launcher. ROM Collections can also be exported/imported (think of this as a backup).

To be 100% fault-proof you can make a backup before updating (strongly recommended!). Make a ZIP or 7ZIP file with all the contents of AEL data directory. AEL data directory is located in $USERDATA_DIR/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/. Have a look here for more infor about the USERDATA directory. Once the backup is made, then upgrade to 0.9.7. If something goes wrong, ask for help here. You may be asked to provide debug logs, etc. Then, uninstall 0.9.7, install 0.9.6 again, delete $USERDATA_DIR/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/ and restore the backup.

(2017-09-26, 16:41)yevaman44 Wrote: A also spend time to modify the artic theme so that my screentshots fits perfectly

Whatever changes you made to the skin will be kept.

(2017-09-26, 16:41)yevaman44 Wrote: For info, recalbox just added screenscrapper support ! ( Mutlilang scrap Info EN, FR, DE, ES, PT) will it be avalaible for 0.9.7 release or later ?
here's a link with a video demo :https://www.recalbox.com/blog/fr/post/blog-2017-02-24-scraper/

Screenscrapper support will be added in 0.9.8, definitely not in 0.9.7.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2017-09-27, 08:27
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12