Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi
(2018-05-27, 19:24)Dax9 Wrote: My HTPC has 8 GB RAM.  I tried rebooting and rerunning the AML Setup, but I got errors with Build MAME Audit/Scanner databases and Scan MAME ROMs/CHDs/Samples again.

Then I downloaded the latest AML 0.9.7-alpha from GitHub; extracted and added the pdfrw folder; zipped it all up; installed the add-on in Kodi, and rebooted.

I ran through the AML Setup again, but unfortunately I'm getting errors in the same steps.  Here's the log:

https://pastebin.com/SaUSF2i1

The last version of AML which did not give me Setup errors was 0.9.3.

0.9.3 is primitive compared to 0.9.6 Big Grin and the memory consumption was significantly lower.

If the Audit database fails to build the ROM scanner will also fail. Before to 0.9.4 the scanner database was built using a navie algorithm. 0.9.4 and up first build the audit database (which is different depending if you have a Merged, Split, Non-merged set) and then determines which ZIP files the set contains. This list of ZIP files is used by the ROM scanner.

I've doing some tests in a Windows computer with the task manager. I monitored the Peak Working Set (Memory) of the Kodi process. This is what I get:

Code:
Windows 7 Ultimate version 6.1 64 bit, Kodi Krypton 17.6. MAME 0.197, Peak Working Set (Memory)
Kodi is restarted before each test.
Options: no ROM/Asset cache, with SLs.

Build all databases, no INIs/DATs -> 863 MB
Build all databases, with INIs/DATs, with ROM/Asset cache, OPTION_COMPACT_JSON -> 866 MB
Build all databases, with INIs/DATs, with ROM/Asset cache -> 914 MB
Build all databases, with INIs/DATs -> 916 MB
Build MAME database, with INIs/DATs -> 916 MB
Build MAME Audit database, with INIs/DATs -> 938 MB
Build MAME database, with INIs/DATs, OPTION_COMPACT_JSON -> 870 MB
Build MAME Audit database, with INIs/DATs, OPTION_COMPACT_JSON -> 905 MB

I'm totally puzzled and don't understand how Kodi peaks at 916 MB and get an Out of Memory error on a machine with 8 GB of RAM.

I will open a thread in the addon developer subforum to check with the core developers about what's going on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2018-05-28, 11:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi2