Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2019-03-21, 19:55)Brian D Wrote: ...

AEL IMHO is better then RCB, just not at scraping right now...

I don't like to make comparisons. AEL started as a fork of AL (which was itself a fork of the original Launcher addon) and has taken some ideas from RCB. Malte is free to cherrypick whatever feature from AEL he thinks fit. That's the motto of FOSS software Smile

I think RCB is perfect for small, curated collections where all your games are in one place. For big or huge collections, for example a full No-Intro set including most platforms, about 40,000 ROMs in total, then use AEL which can perfectly handle that.

Over the last year I did a lot of work on Advanced MAME Launcher and I am quite happy with the final result. The premise of the AML project was to see if Kodi can handle a complete MAME frontend, capable of dealing with 40,000 MAME machines and 100,000 Software List items satisfactorily, with reasonable delays when displaying the games. The premise proved to be true Smile

I will release AML 0.9.9 today and then focus on getting AEL 0.10.0 back on track. In addition to the many new features contributed by Chrisism there are many things that need to be ported from AML into AEL, like the PDF manual reader. Please be patient.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi - by Wintermute0110 - 2019-03-22, 08:49
Can You create A Sub Category? - by Wild_Tom - 2020-07-13, 04:43
Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-11-29, 02:25
RE: Crash & Lost my launchers? - by eirrocmh - 2020-12-19, 00:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12