Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-08-07, 02:18)the_bo Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 01:57)jurialmunkey Wrote: @the_bo
See my response here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2875160
Short answer is yes. Any request made to an API with my plugin is cached to simplecache (details cached for 14 days, lists cached for 24 hours).
If the cache for that request exists, then my plugin will use the cached version instead of making an api call.

Awesome thanks for info. Could you possibly add a setting to enter the number of days to cache. As I have lot of movies would prefer having ratings and such stored for few months.

Is batch fetching possible to automatically fetch and update cache ratings for all movies in library or have you to scroll through the list manually to fetch during each focused item at a time.

It's not a problem as I can have an autoscroll delay In the library that scrolls through all the movies during the night and fetches the details.

Looking forward to developments on this. Cheers

See latest version. Added options in addon settings for cache days
For details can choose 14, 21, 30, 60 days
For lists can choose 1 to 7, 14, 21, 30 days

Yeah no pre-fetching as opens things up to abuse. Lots of those crappy wizards and pre-built android boxes delete cache on startup - coupled with pre-fetching options will result in a massive number of requests.

The main reason for a slow down when using as a hidden list in the library is that scrolling creates a backlog of requests.
I'm looking into a way to only load the plugin if the user is not scrolling so that you don't end up with this backlog. The actual requests are relatively quick to do, it's just that I have to rate limit them to avoid overloading the servers so it takes a while for the plugin to work through the backlog. If I can make it so that the request is only made when the user is stopped on an item, then there wont be a backlog and the actual look-up will be fairly quick (basically same speed as when you browse the plugin in video-addons).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMovieDB Helper - by jurialmunkey - 2019-07-31, 11:47
RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - by jurialmunkey - 2019-08-07, 03:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2