Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi
Just wanted to showcase to the forum some of the skinning work I have been doing using Aeon NOX Silvo as the basis and tailoring it to use the AML plugin.

I have created some custom icons, for things like machine, nplayers and types of controls (as displayed on the bottom).
ImageImage
ImageImage

Main menu shows the machine or console that you will browse
ImageImage

I added some extra menu options to the plugin which include the following options:

1) Hide softlist items that are not available (selecting the display ROM/CHDS for machines that are only available seems to ignore SL specific lists and if SL list ROM/CHDS are not available they are still displayed).
2) Option to toggle the long names (ROM name with all flags for both MAME and SL's) on/off just to give a cleaner presentation when this information may not be needed.
@Wintermute0110 if you are interested in the coding changes, I can send the main.py and settings.xml files to you with an explanation of changes I made (I am just learning the basics on python coding so my implementation may be a bit crude. I am not savy with GitHub at the moment, so not really sure how you put the changes there.

And lastly (Skin specific options) to toggle the bottom controller/logo images between black/white and colour renditions. This is more to fit with the rest of the skins theme i.e. MyFlix.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi - by Rychem28 - 2020-01-22, 04:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced MAME Launcher - MAME frontend for Kodi2