Release Kodi Matrix UWP Xbox v19.1 Preview
There is a bug stopper currently in Kodi 19.1 (not published yet to Microsoft Store) which prevent Xbox users to download and update AddOns.
I can confirm this bug is present on my side using latest Kodi 19.1 preview on Xbox Series X.

As far as i know, a fix must be provided for this issue to eventually publish a new version of Kodi for Win10 UWP and Xbox users.
I'm not sure if the discussed "Xbox memory issue" here is a Kodi Team priority for Xbox (the fix is not in the nightly builds).
I think the idea is to publish an up-to-date and working Kodi 19.x version to Xbox Users ASAP before starting the "slow approval process" for the "Xbox memory issue".
Someone can confirm?

I saw a lot a great code change for Xbox version of Kodi recently (last days).
Then, i can confirm it's not "dead" for Xbox users and Kodi Team work hard.
I'm very happy to see that Kodi Team have at least an active dev expert for UWP/Xbox Smile

Personally I'm a newbie currently learning Kodi and all the development process.
For HDR problem, I tried some minor code change to always force HDR (bypass all checkups) and disabled all SDR Tone Mapping logic on my Xbox without success.
For AddOn issue, I saw that the last working version of Kodi UWP seem to use TLS 1.2 to download AddOns and Kodi 19.1 use TLS 1.3 by default on Xbox. I forced TLS 1.2 on my Xbox but this doesn't fix the issue.

What i can confirm for Xbox Series X using latest Kodi 19.1 Nightly build and increasing the memory limit (running the app explicitly in Game mode or using the code fix requiring Microsoft approval):
- fix "4k videos play crashes" (Direct3d)
- fix "Milkdrop2 crashes" (Direct3d app with Kodi running in 4k)
- fix some "lags"

Messages In This Thread
Kodi Matrix UWP Xbox v19.1 Preview - by jogal - 2021-04-28, 00:21
RE: Kodi Matrix UWP Xbox v19.1 Preview - by Chicopower - 2021-06-06, 17:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix UWP Xbox v19.1 Preview0