Deprecated Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)
Thank you pkscout and Karellen for your work bringing this add-on to Kodi 19.

After reading through this thread and the previous thread I'm left with one question, which another user previously shared in the "Issues with Extras Addon" thread
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2955259
Quote:My customized Advancedsettings.xml were recently (mistakenly) over-written.
The only exception to my xml the special features directory is titled Featurettes (instead of the default Extras.
As long as every Extras occurrence is replaced w Featurettes, in both Advancedsettings.xml &
as well as configured in Add-on Extras v.1.3.0 settings, again, all special features should be categorized (contextual menu) appropriately? ...just as before?

But (some) Special features / extras are being scraped to the library, and to the Extras contextual menu.

While the extras add-on works perfectly well, I am unable to prevent Kodi from scraping the files with the advancedsettings.xml method and have to resort to placing .nomedia files in every extras folder. (If I do not do this, all of the extras in my library are identified as the film 'I Won't Play (1944)', which is displayed hundreds of times.)

When I select a video in the "extras" section from the context menu, it also plays with this title (this is demonstrated by the following images if you need more information): https://imgur.com/a/YkXbcqY

The extras folders in my library are all named "Featurettes" (which I've set as the folder name within the Extras add-on's settings) and are all placed in the appropriate movie folder, for example:
Code:
/Movies/Serpico (1973)/Serpico 1973.mkv
/Movies/Serpico (1973)/Featurettes
Hence, I have written the advancedsettings.xml file accordingly, replacing all instances of "Extras" with "Featurettes":
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
     <excludefromscan>
         <regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
     </excludefromscan>
     <excludefromlisting>
         <regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
     </excludefromlisting>
     <excludefromscan action="append">
         <regexp>/Featurettes/</regexp>
         <regexp>[\\/]Featurettes[\\/]</regexp>
     </excludefromscan>
     <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
         <regexp>/Featurettes/</regexp>
         <regexp>[\\/]Featurettes[\\/]</regexp>
     </excludetvshowsfromscan>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
I have removed and re-added my media library each time I've tried something different with regards to these settings (and a couple clean re-installs of Kodi) but to no avail.
Is the option to change the extras folder name broken or am I making a noob user error?

Here's a debug log if you need it:
https://paste.kodi.tv/uxexuquxal.kodi

Running Kodi v19.3.0 with Extras 1.4.2 on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Messages In This Thread
Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on) - by pkscout - 2020-08-28, 23:53
RE: Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on) - by pixelangel - 2021-12-07, 20:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extras Addon (Kodi 18/19 and on)0