General questions
Hello,

i am new to XBMC. I have already read a lot of topics and found most answers by my self. The following questions are the last questions that are unanswered:

1) Is it possible to read more about an rss-headline? In the main screen I can see the rss-feed and sometimes I just want to read more about an rss-headline. E.g. in Media Portal you can open every rss-headline and read what it is about. Is this possible in XBMC (maybe with an plugin?)

2) Is it possible that XBMC notify me when the scrappen found a Videofile but not the movie its belongs to? As far as I found out, the anser is no. Can you confirm that?

3) This is maybe the most important question! And i did not found a single person that asked this question before! Is it possible to show EVERY avaible episode (from thetvdb) in tvshows, not just only the episodes found an my HDD? In Media Portal i could select whether i want to have all episodes in the list (even if they ar not on my disc) or if i just want to see only the ones I have. And i DEFINITELY want to see every episode, even if i dont have it.

4) I have read so much about how to "add" an movie right. But i still have Problems with the standard scrapper (TheMovieDb). I renamed every folder and file to match the exakt title with the movie at imdb (.com). Then i put a movie.nfo with the direkt link to the movie in imdb (.com). But i still have a lot of movies wich are just not match! I do not understand that. I thought if i put a movie.nfo with the direkt link to imdb the movie must be matched (yes i did select to use the foldernames for the lookup)?

5) I have read the wiki page about the video-settings (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Videos_Settings). Did i understand correctly, that if i have a 24p TV it make sense to activate "Adjust display refresh rate to match video " and leave "Sync playback to display" off? A friend told me to active both but based on the description it make no sense for me. I would just active "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" and leave the other one off. Is this correct?

6) I have activated "cleanonupdate" in the advancedsettings.xml (because i do not want to have movies in my database that i deleted). Is this exaclty the same action like video-settings-library->Clean Library...? I ask this, because video-settings-library->Clean Library... take same time and the "cleanonupdate" from the advancedsettings.xml seems to take nearly no time. So is there i difference them? Its seems so...

7) I can not find any information about the Audio-Output-Setting (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=System_Settings) "Boost volume level on downmix ". What is its for?

THANK YOU
Daniel

Messages In This Thread
General questions - by _Daniel_ - 2011-08-21, 18:28
[No subject] - by Ardalista - 2011-08-21, 19:28
[No subject] - by _Daniel_ - 2011-08-22, 17:11
[No subject] - by Ardalista - 2011-08-22, 17:29
[No subject] - by _Daniel_ - 2011-08-22, 17:52
[No subject] - by Ardalista - 2011-08-22, 18:05
[No subject] - by Ardalista - 2011-08-22, 19:09
[No subject] - by Ardalista - 2011-08-22, 21:06
[No subject] - by _Daniel_ - 2011-08-23, 00:46