Linux Getting Samba to work on XBMCBuntu
Hey guys,

I have been playing around with XBMCBuntu for a few weeks now everything works fine except one thing, sharing to Windows machines, 2 on Win7 and one on XP.

I have installed Samba so many times without success, the services are running fine and I can see the machine listed in Windows by name without doing anything but installing Samba from the terminal. I have edited smb.conf so many times too, without success. I'm a bit confused as to whether to add lines in the smb.conf or completely delete all that is in there and start from scratch. To be fair I have no idea how to edit it right, have followed a few guides but they're vague.

What I'm curious about is that when Samba is installed, should I have the ability to just right click and drive and share it? like in the full Ubuntu install, or am I forced to edit the smb.conf file. It appears in the start menu once installed, click it and asks for a password, put that in and nothing happens.

If anyone has a kind of step by step guide with a wroking smb.conf file that works that I can edit that'd be awesome.

I'm totally at a loss, otherwise XBMCBuntu is awesome.

Thanks guys.

Messages In This Thread
Getting Samba to work on XBMCBuntu - by Gidget - 2012-03-28, 02:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting Samba to work on XBMCBuntu0