New Fork: Voice Control For XBMC Remote
Music 
Hi guys,
first - I'd like to say great work - this project is awesome!

Second - I had some spare time this weekend, and so I made a fork of the project and coded some voice recognition into android XBMC Remote. This uses the google voice api.

The software is very much in alpha at this point, but there is some functionality that is working for people to try out.

To try out the voice control functionality - go to the "Remote Control" Screen, press the settings button on your phone and choose voice control.
Click the button on the new screen, wait for the prompt, and speak your command. Big Grin

Supported commands so far are:
play song <Song Name> (For Example: "play song propane nightmares")
play album <Album Name> ("play album hail to the thief")
play movie <Movie Name> ("play movie school of rock")
up, down, left, right, play, pause, stop,next, previous, fast forward, rewind, select, title, info, menu, back, video, music, images, tv

I still need to put in a command for playing tv episodes. If any one has ideas for more commands, drop a suggestion, and I'll see if I can implement it.

This isn't ready for prime time yet - however it doesn't damage any existing XBMC Remote functionailty.

Some problems:
It doesn't understand me when I say "pause", unless I say it with an american accent Confused

It doesn't handle numbers very well yet, eg: saying "Play album one by one" won't work, because it can't (yet) match "1 by 1" to "one by one". Saying something like "Play album permission to land" will work fine though.

We'll eventually want to put in some nationalization so foreign languages will work.

I don't think I've implemented some of the XBMC Remote framework correctly, so you might notice some strange artefacts when you are in the voice recognition window

The fork I made with the code is here: https://github.com/niftydude/android-xbmcremote.git

And an apk built with these features: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17107039/XBMC%20Remote.apk

Please let me know any problems you come across.
If any devs want to help get it into a state where we can consider merging to the main app, also please let me know.

Changelog:
16-Oct-2012 Alpha 3: Rudimentary Roman Numeral Support

26-Jun-2012 Alpha 2: Case sensitivity for windows

24-Jun-2012 Alpha 1: Initial Build

Messages In This Thread
New Fork: Voice Control For XBMC Remote - by niftydude - 2012-06-24, 17:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Fork: Voice Control For XBMC Remote2