OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
(2013-04-27, 22:49)tuxen Wrote: Thanks navster, deskwizard and trickname. @Trickname I don't see any USB cards but I am getting old and blind. Keep them coming if nobody minds I can see a lot uses RPi pvr here. Smile

What do you intend to use as your source for the tuner? Are you using cable services or antenna?

I am using a MythTV backend with a Ceton pcie tuner on a separate backend linux server. It's nice because it has four tuners. I am using Verizon Fios as the source. I am pretty sure that the MythTV + Linux + ceton tuner does not work correctly if you use simply try to hook up an antenna, and seemed to only work when I had a cable card in it.

Right now Rjeb's current Gotham build is working wonderfully well with my MythTV setup, better even than the frodo version.

For me the math made sense to switch over to the MythTV setup. A ceton card costs about $150 when on sale + $70 for 2 RPis. Right now a HD set top box with DVR from Verizon costs about $20 to rent, so it takes about 6 months to recoup costs. Plus I use the Linux backend to run other stuff, e.g. openvpn/openssh, so it made sense for me.

Messages In This Thread
MythTV PVR: No Video - by hkramski - 2012-11-13, 20:32
Cumulative Small Skip forward ... - by xandy - 2013-02-03, 15:46
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi - by Huuh - 2013-04-27, 23:19
:00 - by Koloss - 2013-07-14, 12:09
RE: :00 - by popcornmix - 2013-07-14, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12