[CLOSED] Is it possible to store the media library on an external drive?
Hi,
I am currently running v11.0, with all my media on an unRAID server. I would like to build a new HTPC for my parents. They will not have access to my unRAID server nor will they have any massive storage locally. I would like to give them movies on a 1 TB external drives (with the correct folder structures from my library) that they can watch and then delete till I copy additional movies on the external drive. So my questions:

1. Is it possible to have all your media on an external drive which will change frequently? I understand that I may have to re-start XBMC so it will browse the media location and populate the new movies. Hopefully it will also delete all the old / missing / invalid entries from the library automatically.

2. Does it make more sense to have an internal drive and then copy the media from the external drive every time there is new movies? I would like be deleting the old movies as soon as they have been watched.

Thanks for all the help. And Happy Thanksgiving!

Messages In This Thread
[CLOSED] Is it possible to store the media library on an external drive? - by Ashaneil - 2012-11-23, 08:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Is it possible to store the media library on an external drive?0