NOWALL's set of 2900 discarts FR
Photo 
Hello everybody.

When scrapping my movies I was often disappointed because Artwork Downloader / Fanart.tv generally proposed me discarts in english or german, rarely in french. Browsing the internet, I found a lot of DVD/Bluray stickers scanned in high resolution… but there were just scans for printing, absolutely useless for XBMC.

What have led me to a new challenge (dammit, every time I finish something for XBMC, I say "never again!" but well…): first to collect a huge amount of scans in various websites, then to process each one in Photoshop following the fanart.tv specifications (size, rotation etc) to make it readable by XBMC

Now, after 1 year of work, I am glad to make this set of 2'900 discarts available for your libraries. They are sorted in folders, and all entitled "disc.png", so XBMC ready.

link to download the 2014 Discarts N.O.W.A.L.L set:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1f6l6z...t_2014.zip

Please check your internet connection/laptop battery first, because the archive is huge (3.3 Gb)

Personally I have still an old version of XBMC and Aeon Nox 3.6, because I love to use local artworks. So on my setup, i just copy/paste the disc.png in the movie folder, and it appears automatically in Nox.
On later versions devs decided to change this and put all in XBMC library (pffff) to reduce disc accesses. So I think its more complicated now to use local stuff, you have to do special things with ArtworkDownloader, I don't know what exactly but I think to have understood that it's slow and a pain in the ass process. But please don't ask me how to use/import this, just read other threads you will find your answers.

Read me:
  1. Though this collection is mainly for french speaking users, other users should have a glance at it anyway, because some movies have the same title in several languages, and also because sometimes I didn't find the french version and used instead the english one.

2. I really want to thank all the various users who scanned - sometimes custom designed - the original flat stickers. Without them it would have not be possible.

3. As for the other various sets I made for XBMC, I do things priorly for My media center. So I won't do special discarts on other users' request. But I will pursue the collection on my side, so probably at the end of 2014 I will post an update

4. The administrators of the french scrapper "media-passion" at passion-xbmc have already received this set some days ago, and they are going to import the items in their database (I have no details about how/when/what...).

5. Dear single users of fanart.tv, don't upload these discarts on fanart.tv to avoid messing up their database

Have fun!

Messages In This Thread
NOWALL's set of 2900 discarts FR - by N.O.W.A.L.L - 2014-01-06, 13:45
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOWALL's set of 2900 discarts FR1