WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
Hi.

1st...........

I'm naïve to many things audio/video. I've been following this thread and others, stumbling to understand exactly what it's all about so that I might learn. From what little I gather, DirectX 11 might cure the occasional skipped frames I experience during playback. There are points of interest that hinder diagnosing though.

I really don't understand what the difference between a 24fps and a 23.976fps title is? I always assumed when people refer to their frame rates, they generalize 24fps and associate it with 24Hz switching on their panel. The exact frame rate is 23.976 revealed in a titles properties so is this just getting rounded up and labeled 24? I have never ripped a Blu-ray, looked at it's properties and seen anything other than 23.976fps.

During playback, I bring up the codec info screen and always see 23.976 material rendered at 23.98. 23.98 holds steady. I assume the codec info is 'rounding' 23.976. Just the same, I see skipped frames occasionally, maybe once every minute or so. I don't even know if the codec info I'm looking at is reliable? I've read devs posts that say don't put too much faith in it.

I too am using W8.1. If this is an O/S issue, I have no intentions of downgrading to W7 that some post is the cure since I use an all in one box. I'm also reserved to upgrade to W10 for other reasons. I doubt it's an Nvidia driver issue since every update since day 1 never addressed anything as far as these skipped frames. Kodi 14.2, 15, and 16 all have the same behavior.

Please correct where my assumptions are wrong and help me have a better understanding so that I might have a starting point to cure this problem. It is annoying.

2nd............

To add to my confusion, the 1st post by the OP here states "You have to install NVIDIA 3DTV Play to be able to use hardware based stereoscopic 3D feature."
Does hardware based mean that if you do not have a 3D panel, you can purchase 3rd party hardware and software so that your 2D panel can render 3D material? I wrote a guide for those of us that have actual 3D panels. I would like to update it with the addition of hardware/software solution for Nvidia 2D users that desire 3D playback. If the above is true, please advise me and I will add it else correct me.

HOW TO - Kodi 3D Guide Internal and External Players
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
New build 14/02/2015 - by afedchin - 2015-02-14, 15:16
RE: Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread - by brazen1 - 2015-08-03, 17:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6