Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2016-04-14, 00:51)DXer Wrote: Hi all,
I'm still having an impossible time getting this to work and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have an activity created, which I renamed to HTPC.

I have an FLIRC device that interprets MOST of my commands to Kodi but there are three that I need that I cannot figure out how to send to the remote. One is "\" (backslash), the second is "M" and the third is the startup (Control+Alt+Shift+Z). I had this all set up years ago but the profile got erased. Now I forget how to re-add it. Everything else is working fine except those three commands.

I've been at it for days and just can't figure out what's wrong. Say I want to map "M" in (OSD Player controls) to the "REC" key on my Harmony remote. In "customize buttons", beside "Record" I have selected the MCE Keyboard, and for the command, I've selected "M".

Likewise for the backslash, I've selected the MCE Keyboard device and selected \ to the +/* key on the remote, then upload to the remote. It doesn't work. If I select the FLIRC device, there are no codes for what I need to do. I'm obviously missing something important but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks in advance.

What about the Flirc software? Can't you teach it commands from your keyboard?

I think you are supposed to add Flirc as a device and use the Flirc software to add additional commands. Or, you can take any command for the Flirc device in the Harmony database and change its function through a keyboard.xml.

Manufacturer: Flirc
Model: Kodi

Map your commands and use keyboard.xml to change any command into a custom one. The Flirc software is supposed to replace the need to use a keyboard.xml.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - by Warner306 - 2016-04-14, 02:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6