AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.
(2015-12-10, 15:55)PatrickJB Wrote: So does this sort the 23p problem? My MXQ box (android KK) allows the auto refresh rate switch from Kodi but I still can't get 100% smooth 24p playback unless it's a true 24p vid file. I've considered that these boxes just haven't got the processing power but I'm living in hope!

As I do live in hope I've tried to set the chmod file up, I'm not that techie so couldn't figure out how to copy the text file I created for the hacked permissions to the relevant folder. Wouldn't it be simple for some one to recompile the apk so the default file is the permissions hack?

So is there any more news about this fix or are most of us stuck with a box that can't do smooth playback, well at least 23p files.
If you have not got the preferred modified AMLogic Linux Kernel that does what is called Frame Rate Automation for smooth 23.976fps video output when your TV switches to its 24p movie mode, then you need a Firmware update. Same for dynamic refresh rate switching.
If that is not available easily, or you are in over your head, then you need to head over to Freaktab to search for alternative fixed Firmware:
http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...tv-players

That is the only solution. Team Kodi are not in the business of fixing or installing new Firmware for the millions of cheap Android devices that flood the market.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems. - by wrxtasy - 2015-12-10, 18:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.3