XBMC 12.3 (Frodo) + Win 10: Broken SMB Shares
I am using both an KDLINKS A300 with Factory firmware and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 running stock Kodi 16.1 to test this.

Kodi from my laptop works fine using local drive shares but I need to see if I can add the remote USB 3.0 shares so we have additional data.

Changing the IRPStackSize to 29 worked after I rebooted and tried to go through Kodi System-->File Manager and add the shares.
It also worked fine in the SMB Android tool "ShareFinder" so I could find the shares and see the files.
I then removed those shares in Kodi and went through Videos-->files to add folders/sources and it failed.
At that point I assumed it must need more resources of some sort as it failed with "Invalid Argument"

I then changed the IRPStackSize to 50 and rebooted.
I still could not add them through Videos-->files and then tried to go back to System-->File Manager and add the shares but it still fails with "Invalid Argument"
Using the ShareFinder App it now says "OxC00000205" error like it did before changing the IRPStackSize.

VERY VERY frustrated as there is no reason I should have to spend hours and hours troubleshooting because Microsoft decided to "help us" by changing things again.

I still think the 1607 update (Service Pack) is related but it fails to install on either of my laptops for a comparison.

I will change back to a value of 29 but don't have high hopes to even get back that limited functionality as there is obviously something else that needs changed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC 12.3 (Frodo) + Win 10: Broken SMB Shares - by ne1scott - 2016-10-09, 21:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.3 (Frodo) + Win 10: Broken SMB Shares0