WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-08-06, 02:14)pstrg Wrote: I'm new to both Kodi (17.3 Krypton) and Ember (1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x86).

Have a large number of foreign movies and prefer to use the original titles when they're in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish; for other languages I prefer the English title.
This means that I have to rely on nfo files instead of the scrape results (even though Ember scrapes better than Kodi).
Made a fair number of manual edits to the nfos after scraping the collection but noted that if I choose Reload All Movies the program discards my edits.
Is it possible to refresh the library in such a way that existing nfos are kept untouched and only new ones (for new items) are created?

Neither Database Update nor Reload All XY nor F5 change something on NFO or other content. All three methodes read only the local stored files. There are only two exceptions:
- If YAMJ watched file is enabled, the scanner compairs the watched file and NFO if both has the same watched status (but that is only YAMJ releated)
- new episodes will be scraped automatically if no NFO exists

So my question is: how to you've edit the NFO after scraping? If you've done it manually you have to reload the movie with F5 to read the NFO and save the new information to Embers database. Otherwise Ember will overwrite your NFO with the information that Ember has in the database if you scrape or edit a movie.
The other thing is: Ember reads only known XML nodes. Costum nodes will be overwritten if you change something in Ember. So why do you not use the Edit dialog?

Messages In This Thread
nfo file status? - by NightMyst - 2017-06-21, 07:24
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread - by DanCooper - 2017-08-06, 03:16
Audio metadata error - by Doomnie - 2017-11-04, 08:16
EmberMM Import Poster.jpg - by MePoEmberMM - 2018-02-06, 01:27
User rating sync - by fred_gaou - 2018-04-28, 22:25
database is locked - by gorb - 2019-08-19, 11:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2