v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-09-23, 02:59)normy62 Wrote: one more dumb question re:the Intel Nuc NUC5PPYH do i need to install windows or can i just have libreelec installed.
am sure it has been discussed before but i am a newbie to this and i hate windows with a passion
thanks again

You just need to install LibreELEC.

You can write LibreELEC 7.90.005 to your USB memory stick using the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator tool.

Then boot your NUC from the USB memory stick. Type "installer" to install LibreELEC permanently to you internal disk (wiping whatever is already installed), or type "live" to test LibreELEC without installing anything - this will allow you to confirm it works before making any permanent changes.

Once you've installed LibreELEC 7.90.005 to your internal disk you can upgrade to these test builds by copying the latest tar file into the LibreELEC Update folder (see "Installing" section in the first post).

Edit: 7.90.006 is due in a few days and will support a third option, "run", which will allow you to boot LibreELEC with persistent storage on the USB memory stick (your internal storage will remain untouched). With "run" you can upgrade the version of LibreELEC on the USB memory stick in the normal way - essentially this will be a "portable" version of LibreELEC.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
3D HOU/HSBS issue - by .bismarck - 2016-06-20, 20:03
[Build #0903] breaks VAAPI - by MichaelAnders - 2016-09-04, 15:37
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) - by Milhouse - 2016-09-23, 03:52
Update Failed - by n2vwz - 2016-09-27, 19:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11