xTV - add 'TV Shows' window link to Home.xml
Hi all

sorry for the cryptic title, i did not really know how to name this simply. Also sorry for creating a new thread, but I've asked questions in the other (dedicated) thread, and because of the frequency of posting by other people with other questions, mine got burried and subsequently lost...

So there it is:

I don't use the Library function, which confuses the hell out of me, and from what I understand would not really work with the way I organise my files. But I do have a big collection of TV Shows, and would like to make use of the 'TV Shows' home menu option.

I have altered the 'Home.xml' so that selecting 'TV Shows' brings you to the correct network share where all my shows are stored, but I have 2 problems with this solution:

1. cosmetic, the 'Movies' icon comes up at the top of the screen. Would be nice if the TV Shows icon cold show up instead
2. for the TV Shows to be accessible via the Home menu with the Home.xml trick, I need to have a 'TV' source setup, which means this source also appears in the 'Movies' menu. I would like the two to be separate.

I figured the simplest solution would be to create a new window with a new ID and customise the Home.xml so that selecting 'TV Shows' brings this new window, which would have its own sources and layout.

So in short I would like to know if that is at all feasible, and if so could someone point me in the right direction ? I'm not too bad fiddling around with code even though I have very little experience or training. It's just that I've been looking and cannot find for instance where from the Movies window ID is called!

So any help very much appreciated Nod

Messages In This Thread
xTV - add 'TV Shows' window link to Home.xml - by etien - 2007-10-30, 15:17
[No subject] - by CHI3f - 2007-10-30, 18:35
[No subject] - by etien - 2007-10-30, 20:50
[No subject] - by RockDawg - 2007-10-30, 23:13
[No subject] - by etien - 2007-10-31, 14:13
[No subject] - by RockDawg - 2007-10-31, 19:32
[No subject] - by etien - 2007-11-03, 18:49
[No subject] - by etien - 2007-11-03, 19:02
[No subject] - by empty - 2007-11-13, 23:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help