v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-01-09, 19:08)Roi Danton Wrote: Hm, #0108 is not booting.

Code:
NEVER TOUCH boot= in extlinux.conf / cmdline.txt!
If you don't know what you are doing,
your installation is now broken.

Normal startup in 60s...

Well, I did not touch anything. ;-)

The boot then does not work, I see a lot of FAILED messages and at some point it just stops without loading the graphical interface.

What can I do to revert to a older Milford build? #0106 was working good for me. Unfortunally I did not save the settings bevor upgrading today.

Presumably this is due to Meltdown - what CPU do you have?

There are some known boot issues with certain hardware that will be fixed in 4.14.13, possibly (and hopefully) your hardware falls into this category:

Greg Kroah-Hartman Wrote:4.14.13 will be out in a few more days, with some additional fixes in it that are needed for some systems that have boot-time problems with 4.14.12

If you don't have ssh access then in order to downgrade you will need to:
  1. Create a USB memory stick using the official LibreELEC 8.2.2 img.gz
  2. Use this memory stick to boot into live mode
  3. Complete the Setup Wizard and enable ssh
  4. Log in using ssh (user: root, password: libreelec)
  5. Download the #0106 tar file (or #0107, which should be OK too)
  6. Extract the SYSTEM and KERNEL files from the tar file and copy them over the same files on your *internal* HDD/SSD which will be mounted as /var/media/<something>
  7. sync, poweroff, remove the USB memory stick and boot up - you should now be back to #0106 (or #0107)

If you have ssh access then login, download the tar file, extract SYSTEM and KERNEL, make the /flash partition read-write with
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /flash
then copy SYSTEM and KERNEL to /flash. Finally, reboot.

I would suggest not trying again until 4.14.13 is available (probably before the end of the week).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by Milhouse - 2018-01-09, 19:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24