Kodi crashes when it starts to scan NAS stored movies
Hi there,

I have an old Apple TV 2 with Kodi 14.2... it has been working for me for years, but since Kodi no longer supports these boxes, I decided to upgrade. I bought an off-the-shelf Android TV box (Goobang Doo ABOX III).

First some context.

I have a DNS-323 NAS where I have some movies stored. This NAS is accessible through SMB. The Apple TV Kodi has been using it for years, and never had an issue. I have three main folders for these movies; Kids Movies, Movies and Kids TV.

The new Kodi box came with a version of Kodi but as I have been having issues with it, I removed it and installed a stock 16.1 version from the Google Play Store. The box has Android TV 6.0 and Kodi 16.1.

I added the Kodi Logfile Uploader add-on, and added the folders for my videos. I basically added the folder for the Kids Movies then set it to Movies content then executed the scan for new content option. Kodi crashed within 2-3 seconds. Here is the log in debug:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23791941/

and here is what I have tried:

If I add the Kids TV folder and set it to TV Shows, it scans fine.
If I set the Kids Movies folder to TV show content, it scans fine as well.
If I change the Movie Database scanner to be the Universal Scanner, Kodi crashes as well.

thanks for your help.

Messages In This Thread
Kodi crashes when it starts to scan NAS stored movies - by areis1974 - 2017-01-13, 15:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes when it starts to scan NAS stored movies0