v16 Loading large albums takes forever
the party mode is better in v17 but still doesn't seem to be as random as it should be. its the old how random is random question.

I pretty much use party mode on a continuous basis, simply turning off the sound system when I don't want to listen to music, I have a collection of about 20000 tracks and one thing I do see a lot of, is that in the playlist which shows the 10 queued tracks, often there will be 2 or 3 songs by the same artist. Whilst this is quite possible and completely random, it happens often enough that it does make you wonder how the random algorithm actually works. I must go and look at the play count since I installed v17 and see if some tracks do seem to get favoured more than others.

I would create playlists or as jjd-uk does select a few hundred tracks then play these randomly if the system showed the correct artwork for the currently playing track rather than the currently in focus track, i have never understood this behaviour and having in the past raised a feature request to have it corrected but got shouted down by people saying that it wasn't a bug it was by design as they would want kodi to only show the artwork of the item in focus, I only surmised they never actually listened to music and gave up discussing it.

Messages In This Thread
Loading large albums takes forever - by heula - 2017-01-28, 11:46
RE: Loading large albums takes forever - by tkgafs - 2017-02-02, 23:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loading large albums takes forever0