This Classical music tagging is killing me....
Have a ton of questions regarding the tagging of my Classical music CD's but some of them belong on other forums...ie Musicbrainz and mp3tag, so I'll try to only ask Kodi related here.

Preamble is:
I'm using Kodi 17.4 on Win10 and an Android tablet. After getting the impression that switching to id3v2.4 and having at least some Musicbrainz info (artistid and albumid) isn't something I need to avoid anymore I decided that I'd at least do a little test on the "weakest link" of my collection.....aka Classical.

Initial questions:
1. If I'm getting the following type of info with what I'm doing "workflow wise" (basically Musicbrainz 'Classic Extras' plugin), is my advancedsettings.xml (in my debug log - https://paste.ubuntu.com/25549569/) adequate/correct? (Just so you know, my question over at MB will be "why the change in separators from ; to \\?)

Artist: Leopold Stokowski; London Symphony Orchestra (orchestra); The Norman Luboff Choir (choir vocals)\\Johann Sebastian Bach
Artistsort: Stokowski, Leopold; London Symphony Orchestra; Norman Luboff Choir, The\\Bach, Johann Sebastian
Artists: Johann Sebastian Bach; Leopold Stokowski\\London Symphony Orchestra (orchestra); The Norman Luboff Choir (choir vocals)

2. I'm a little confused about the "unrecognized ID3 frame detected:" entries starting around Line 619 in the log. I get that some are iTunes stuff, but shouldn't TIT1 and TIT3 be recognized?

3. Am I correct in thinking that, other than being possible clutter, the "unrecognized user text tag detected:" entries aren't anything to worry about?...again most are from the MB plugin that I decided to use because the $setmuti(artists..... ) script didn't seem to work.

Anyway, thanks in advance

Messages In This Thread
This Classical music tagging is killing me.... - by Bryan_W - 2017-09-16, 22:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
This Classical music tagging is killing me....0