Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2019-07-03, 13:38)dexx Wrote:
(2019-05-26, 20:37)CraigHB Wrote: I almost bought a Chinese Android box when I first started looking into Kodi, cheap way to try it, but I quickly got away from that idea.  General purpose SBC seems the best way to go with Kodi on Linux.
What other decent SBC boxes are available apart from Odroid C2/N2 and (to a lesser extent) RPi?     
Haven't been on the forum much so sorry for the late reply. 

There's several AMLogic SBCs supported by CoreELEC.  Of course the Odroid-N2 was the first of the S922X boards, but they're currently working on support for the Khadas VIM3. There's also the older S905X boards like the Odroid-C2, Libre Computer Le Potato, and Khadas VIM2.

Unless you're really intent on saving a couple bucks you'll get the best support for AMlogic with one of those.  There's always limitations running CoreELEC on an AMLogic Android box like those cheap ones you see a dime a dozen.  For example they're having a lot of issues getting the Bee-link GT King working right and it's already been said there will be limitations with that one.

If you're looking to go outside AMLogic, for example an RPi4, then you would be using LibreELEC which supports the RPi's Broadcom platform.  CoreELEC only supports AMLogic. The AMLogic S922X is actually more powerful than the RPi4 since the chipset is designed for media applications.  Has better video acceleration and more powerful processing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by CraigHB - 2019-07-08, 07:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4