• 10(current)
v17 Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update
Yeh so I am an idiot. Same black screen problems so won't detail. Disabled 'Use FullScreen Window' and all good. The thing is, I should not have been using that option anyways - got it the wrong way around !

Thanks to all on this thread!
Just for info...
Latest Windows updates solved the problem!

I have intel hd 4000 with drivers 10.18.10.4885
Windows 10  64bit 1709 build 16299-248
Kodi 17.6 Kripton

BTW i prefer to disable 'Use FullScreen Window', less CPU usage and smooth playng

Others solved the problem?
I also have the build 1709, but with the Intel drivers 20.19.15.4835 (latest on the Intel driver download). And no, it does not fix anything for my part, its still shit. I've also tried rolling back to a previous version of the display driver, one that was released before the fall update, but no luck!

I have also disable "use full screen window". If I use that option, there is a scaling problem that makes the UI unusable.
(2018-02-16, 00:49)mambro Wrote: Just for info...
Latest Windows updates solved the problem!
 Not for me. Got the latest cumulative update 2018-02 from Feb 14th, but no change. Running an AMD system btw.
Update didn't work for me either.
No go on the update for me either....running AMD.
Hey guys.

Also have this issue on my two HTPCs and after downgrade all is good.
So I'll stick with 1703!

PS: I have disabled windows updates service so such a sh** didn't happen again. BUT the service keeps enabling itself! DAMN Microsoft! I have found a workaround, goto services.msc and set the login info for 'Windows Updates' to guest user with blank password. Now, no updates until a real solution is here.

pOpY
(2018-02-19, 00:25)popy Wrote: Hey guys.

So I'll stick with 1703!

PS: I have disabled windows updates service so such a sh** didn't happen again. BUT the service keeps enabling itself! DAMN Microsoft! I have found a workaround, goto services.msc and set the login info for 'Windows Updates' to guest user with blank password. Now, no updates until a real solution is here.

pOpY
 Hi Popy. Good to know this worked for you. I tried the same thing today, but unfortunately I don't seem to have any "recovery points" in Windows to revert back to, so that did not work out for me. Out of desperation, I'm now considering reinstalling Windows and disable Windows update to make it work again. I just find it really unnecessary to have an unpatched and unsecured system connected to the internet, to make an app work, that should have worked in the first place on a fairly basic and standard setup.

Is there anyone in the Kodi team that could tell me if this will be looked into at some point?
Hi torsan.

Luckily I'll had backups back two months (thx macrium reflect). So I was able to restore the machines.

Also hope that there will be a final solution, one time.

Ps : my macbines are rather old i3-3xxx with HD graphics 2500 and one with 3000.

pOpY
(2018-02-19, 01:08)torsan Wrote:
(2018-02-19, 00:25)popy Wrote: Hey guys.

So I'll stick with 1703!

pOpY
 Hi Popy. Good to know this worked for you. I tried the same thing today, but unfortunately I don't seem to have any "recovery points" in Windows to revert back to, so that did not work out for me. Out of desperation, I'm now considering reinstalling Windows and disable Windows update to make it work again. I just find it really unnecessary to have an unpatched and unsecured system connected to the internet, to make an app work, that should have worked in the first place on a fairly basic and standard setup.

Is there anyone in the Kodi team that could tell me if this will be looked into at some point? 
How to rollback from 1709 to 1703

How to hide 1709 update
Hmm. I'm running out of options. Do any developer have ideas?
(2018-02-19, 22:08)HomeDope Wrote: Hmm. I'm running out of options. Do any developer have ideas?

What ideas? We can't fix Windows.
(2018-02-20, 09:12)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-02-19, 22:08)HomeDope Wrote: Hmm. I'm running out of options. Do any developer have ideas?

What ideas? We can't fix Windows. 
 Its not as simple as that. Sure, the problems started after the fall update, but the problems I'm having with Kodi now, simply does not exist in any other similar app I have tried on my machine, so there must surely be something in the implementation that can be done. Its way too easy just blaming the drivers and look the other way.
i have a simulair problem, when the movie is done, the screen goes black and kodi crashes.
(2018-02-20, 09:36)torsan Wrote: Its way too easy just blaming the drivers and look the other way.

Its way too easy just blaming Kodi. don't you?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update2