• 10(current)
Release Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)
(2023-12-13, 13:15)Simkin84 Wrote: ABI is bumped to 5.17.0, dont know if there is an easy fix for this?

@Simkin84

Just edit the following file in "sink.madnox" addon> "addon.xml"                                                                   < (this method worked with all previous versions, should do the trick).
(C:\Users\your_name_here\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.madnox\addon.xml)

<addon id="skin.madnox" version="20.12.24+m" name="Madnox" provider-name="Mr. V">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>                                                                                    <--- Change 5.15.0 for 5.17.0

Save the modified file.

Regards,
(2023-12-13, 14:38)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2023-12-13, 13:15)Simkin84 Wrote: ABI is bumped to 5.17.0, dont know if there is an easy fix for this?

@Simkin84

Just edit the following file in "sink.madnox" addon> "addon.xml"                                                                   < (this method worked with all previous versions, should do the trick).
(C:\Users\your_name_here\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.madnox\addon.xml)

<addon id="skin.madnox" version="20.12.24+m" name="Madnox" provider-name="Mr. V">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>                                                                                    <--- Change 5.15.0 for 5.17.0

Save the modified file.

Regards,

Thanks man! Worked like a charm Smile
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
Hello Kittmaster.
Here is my list:

Bugs:
- Skin helper color picker missing
- In the 3D library views (Cascade and Showcase) there's a graphical error when you press left+right or right+left fast after each other. It looks like the covers are duplicated with a layer of covers sliding behind the front layer of cover images. (This is also an issue in the "Aeon Nox Silvo" skin)
- Library side menu/view options: The "Video preview window" doesn't seem to do anything
- Library view: media flags "Bit depth" not showing
- Library view: media flags "HDR/SDR" only showing on some items

Nice to have:
- System/Skin settings/General/Main menu/Edit: Option to disable menu items instead of having to delete them.
- Library view/cover flow views: Show genres under titles instead of tag line (tag line is already in the infobox) or at least show genres in infobox
- Library view/side menu/Global/Media flags: Option to show/hide production studio (maybe also option to show/hide all the different media flags: codec, resolution, rating, sound format)
- Support for ultra-wide screen (21:9)
- When browsing actors (under movie info) show large image of actor to the left (where movie poster is located). Add support for the plugin: “Red Carpet”
- Option to show/hide system bar
- I think the “blur background” feature under video info is way too blurry. Maybe an option to set percentage of blurriness?
- Library/movie info dialog: Option to show budget and revenue
- Library/movie info dialog: "videos" tab instead of "Trailer" - This tab could also show interviews, behind the scenes, bloopers and so on - like in the "TMDb Info" addon.
Haven't forgotten about this, my project took a dump and became a time suck over the holiday break, plan to get to this soon. Stay tuned, will update when I get started looking at it. Just didn't want anyone to think I cut and run about it.

Chris
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-01-02, 19:49)kittmaster Wrote: Stay tuned, will update when I get started looking at it

Thanks Chris Smile !

... and happy new year!

Regards,
Oscar
(2024-01-03, 00:46)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2024-01-02, 19:49)kittmaster Wrote: Stay tuned, will update when I get started looking at it

Thanks Chris Smile !

... and happy new year!

Regards,
Oscar

Great to see new life coming to this skin--thank you for your time and efforts!!
(2023-12-16, 20:42)Hommer Wrote: Hello Kittmaster.
Here is my list:

Bugs:
- Skin helper color picker missing
- In the 3D library views (Cascade and Showcase) there's a graphical error when you press left+right or right+left fast after each other. It looks like the covers are duplicated with a layer of covers sliding behind the front layer of cover images. (This is also an issue in the "Aeon Nox Silvo" skin)
- Library side menu/view options: The "Video preview window" doesn't seem to do anything
- Library view: media flags "Bit depth" not showing
- Library view: media flags "HDR/SDR" only showing on some items

Nice to have:
- System/Skin settings/General/Main menu/Edit: Option to disable menu items instead of having to delete them.
- Library view/cover flow views: Show genres under titles instead of tag line (tag line is already in the infobox) or at least show genres in infobox
- Library view/side menu/Global/Media flags: Option to show/hide production studio (maybe also option to show/hide all the different media flags: codec, resolution, rating, sound format)
- Support for ultra-wide screen (21:9)
- When browsing actors (under movie info) show large image of actor to the left (where movie poster is located). Add support for the plugin: “Red Carpet”
- Option to show/hide system bar
- I think the “blur background” feature under video info is way too blurry. Maybe an option to set percentage of blurriness?
- Library/movie info dialog: Option to show budget and revenue
- Library/movie info dialog: "videos" tab instead of "Trailer" - This tab could also show interviews, behind the scenes, bloopers and so on - like in the "TMDb Info" addon.
There was an error in the skin helper colorpicker which impacted on a number of skins a while back.  I posted the solution on this thread back then (colorpicker.py was using a depreciated command - very simple fix).  So is skin helper colorpicker missing or simply not working?  Not sure if official (or indeed unofficial) repositories have an updated colorpicker on line.
(2023-12-10, 20:43)kittmaster Wrote:
(2023-12-10, 17:09)lynxstrike Wrote: Hi @kittmaster.

I have a list of "bugs" that I found in the skin and would be nice to have corrected, and some improvements that would be great to have added to the skin.

BUGS
1. Files Thumb Aspect Ratio should respect the image aspect ratio.
2. The TMDB button on the info screen is not working (movie/tv show level, season level, episode level).
3. Low List, at episode level, should display episode's thumb not TV Show's poster.

IMPROVEMENTS
4. Vertical Menu option.
5. Add to INFO SCREEN the cast (actors) count.
6. Add to INFO SCREEN, Actor's info level, an overlay to movies/tv shows displaying the year it was made, sorted from most recent to oldest.

@kittmaster, from my part that would be all, a good place to start and take this great skin to an optimal state.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Greetings,

Got it, I have several irons in the fire on multiple other non Kodi projects, I will have a look at these and see what I can do. I will need some guidance from anyone who in the know, how, exactly, do I "distribute" a test build? I don't exactly have a repository as I don't do this as a project dev nor do I intend to do this the rest of my natural life either.... but if this does work out where I can master it, this may be one exception...so I'll need some guidance.
I can say it will be a least a week or two before I begin a dive into this, but I will have a honest attempt and see where I land with it.

Your punch list is exactly what I was looking for and well executed with little ambiguity and will give clear direction, so kudos and thank you.

I will update status as I begin to move forward.

Also begs the question, does this warrant a new thread going forward?

Regards,
Chris
Happy to help, will even do some coding if you need me to.  

I would suggest a new thread.
(2024-01-10, 13:13)justin150 Wrote:
(2023-12-10, 20:43)kittmaster Wrote:
(2023-12-10, 17:09)lynxstrike Wrote: Hi @kittmaster.

I have a list of "bugs" that I found in the skin and would be nice to have corrected, and some improvements that would be great to have added to the skin.

BUGS
1. Files Thumb Aspect Ratio should respect the image aspect ratio.
2. The TMDB button on the info screen is not working (movie/tv show level, season level, episode level).
3. Low List, at episode level, should display episode's thumb not TV Show's poster.

IMPROVEMENTS
4. Vertical Menu option.
5. Add to INFO SCREEN the cast (actors) count.
6. Add to INFO SCREEN, Actor's info level, an overlay to movies/tv shows displaying the year it was made, sorted from most recent to oldest.

@kittmaster, from my part that would be all, a good place to start and take this great skin to an optimal state.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Greetings,

Got it, I have several irons in the fire on multiple other non Kodi projects, I will have a look at these and see what I can do. I will need some guidance from anyone who in the know, how, exactly, do I "distribute" a test build? I don't exactly have a repository as I don't do this as a project dev nor do I intend to do this the rest of my natural life either.... but if this does work out where I can master it, this may be one exception...so I'll need some guidance.
I can say it will be a least a week or two before I begin a dive into this, but I will have a honest attempt and see where I land with it.

Your punch list is exactly what I was looking for and well executed with little ambiguity and will give clear direction, so kudos and thank you.

I will update status as I begin to move forward.

Also begs the question, does this warrant a new thread going forward?

Regards,
Chris
Happy to help, will even do some coding if you need me to.  

I would suggest a new thread.

I plan to create a new thread and branch as mentioned as soon as I start taking a look at it. I'm near the end of my other project which has been a time suck being vb.net and the landmines that designer presented when it decided to remove code and functions because it thought it was smarter than me. Once I get through that I'll be picking this up as I mentioned. Greetz. Chris
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2023-12-10, 23:07)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2023-12-10, 20:43)kittmaster Wrote: how, exactly, do I "distribute" a test build?

IMHO, GitHub would do the job. Just fork Mr. V's repository and give it a new name (skin.madnox V.2.0 or something like that, giving credit to the original authors Smile). From there everybody who wishes to try it and debug and/or offer suggestions can do it.

So I was looking at Github regarding forking vs. cloning. In this case it seems that forking it won't make any difference due to the fact that there is a high probability that the source repo i.e. Mr. V will most likely not return and therefore any pull request will not be needed. So with that, it makes more sense to clone it and add it start it from scratch and up rev it....from all the various sites I've read on etiquette on abandoned repos. I, of course, absolutely will keep any and all source, credits and accolades to Mr. V and any other history in tact without modification going forward and building and adding my own as it evolves. I will maintain a URL back to his repo as well to ensure there is no confusion as to what has happened and some back history of what happened etc etc... This would be my first Github project and it just seems to make sense to start fresh and see where it goes. 

I'm not closed off to forking it if there is some insight I've missed, but I'm not feeling forking will have any positive impact going forward and I can't see any forward or reverse exchange since it has been so long at this point. I've already downloaded the entire repo as zip and ready to upload as a new repo, figured I'd post here to get some more insight before I do. 

So with that... thoughts? Points, counterpoints? Open to civil feedback. TY.
Chris
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-01-23, 03:52)kittmaster Wrote: I've read on etiquette on abandoned repos

You are right about cloning... And all your reasoning is correct, imho. It's been more than two years Mr. V has no activity nor at GitHub nor here (I really hope everything is all right with him) so I think your traced plan to begin working is excellent.

Regards,
Oscar
I'll give it a day or so for others to read their email triggers to see if anyone else has something to chime in. But thanks for the fast response. At least my thought process is on track.

I know it can be slow for people to get back here as it has been a long ongoing thread.

We will see anyone has any other thoughts before I proceed.

Thx.
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-01-23, 04:53)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2024-01-23, 03:52)kittmaster Wrote: I've read on etiquette on abandoned repos

You are right about cloning... And all your reasoning is correct, imho. It's been more than two years Mr. V has no activity nor at GitHub nor here (I really hope everything is all right with him) so I think your traced plan to begin working is excellent.

Regards,
Oscar

And so it has begun:

https://github.com/kittmaster/skin.madnox-master

I guess it is now time to create a new thread for tracking.

Do they make it sticky? How does that work here? I'll try to replicate the first post with with clear divergence so there isn't confusion.
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-01-27, 18:09)kittmaster Wrote: https://github.com/kittmaster/skin.madnox-master

Excellent!  Smile
(2024-01-27, 18:09)kittmaster Wrote: I guess it is now time to create a new thread for tracking.

I think that would be better. If I can help you with something, just drop a line.

Regards,
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)0