• 102(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
fional Wrote:Ah, cool, that must be it. I only noticed that now Smile
Which one? i know the part the filename must work. The NFO part i don't know
I know there are some problems with for example DTS-HD and WMA-HD sound in movies. First time you import it into your library it shows a HD but from the minute you play it it will change it to DTS and WMA. This is because Dharma doesn't support this yet and Pre-Eden does.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Which one? i know the part the filename must work. The NFO part i don't know
I know there are some problems with for example DTS-HD and WMA-HD sound in movies. First time you import it into your library it shows a HD but from the minute you play it it will change it to DTS and WMA. This is because Dharma doesn't support this yet and Pre-Eden does.

That must be it.

I haven't made the jump to Pre-Eden yet. I don't think I'm going to for a bit anyway. Things pretty much work nicely on my system and I'm wary of breaking the few addons that I use (cd art manager, artistslideshow, cinema experience, and tvtunes) - though I do drool at the feature changes in Nox and so forth... might try to get my Flex Raid system up and going before I take that adventure.
fional Wrote:That must be it.

I haven't made the jump to Pre-Eden yet. I don't think I'm going to for a bit anyway. Things pretty much work nicely on my system and I'm wary of breaking the few addons that I use (cd art manager, artistslideshow, cinema experience, and tvtunes) - though I do drool at the feature changes in Nox and so forth... might try to get my Flex Raid system up and going before I take that adventure.

Al of those add-ons i also use and no problems so far. You can always install a second version of XBMC in a different location and before the first run make sure you change the shorcut to "XBMC.exe -p"so it runs like a portable version so it should not interfere with you current settings. At the moment i'm doing the same but with Dharma to test the final release version of Nox 1.6 (with the new features Cool). But be carefull!! You can always PM me if you want some help
Rouge's is getting full size posters for me - I have resize turned off, and getting 1000x1500 posters works okay...
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
trying to download as i ahve a new system and every time I try I get

emberapi.master threw an exception

what do i need to do to get this to work?
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
Cheers Machine Smile

Olympia, I've a quick question actually - would there be a way to maybe modify the tvscraper to grab

<displayseason> and <displayepisode>

from thetvdb? The XBMC scraper does use this and I'm not sure whether Ember does or cares (doubt it, since it isn't doing it) but I thought I'd ask since you do understand these things more than most.

Or would any amount of tinkering I do be useless as it be impossible?

Cheers!
Okay, it's been a long time since I used Ember. I want to use it to pre-scrape data, but I stepped away from it and relied on XBMC's native scraper for the last 6+ months because one issue...

Does Ember still not autoscrape new TV shows like it does with Movies? I had a script setup that would tell uTorrent to send a command line scrape to EMM-r when a torrent finished. EMM-r would scrape the info and then send it to XBMC via the built in module. However, the auto-scrape function only scraped new movies and I had to go in and manually scrape TV shows. This was not worth it to me, because by the time I would manually scrape them, they were already in XBMC from the built in scraper.

So, is this still the case or is there a way to scrape both TV shows and movies now from the command line?
Hi,

fional Wrote:Ever since the BR-Tool stopped working, which I liked as a trailer downloader, since it did older films as well - I've just been doing it manually.

if you get rid of the "www." in the youtube address, and replace it with "save", it re-directs it to a site that lets you download the youtube trailer in a variety of formats.

Then I just save it under the proper name.

i don't save trailers locally, i just place trailer links in nfo, but ember sets http links to trailer with that the yt plugin in xbmc cannot work on that base i change trailer links in db automated to a link style that fits with yt plugin.

Greetz X23
x23piracy Wrote:Hi,

i don't save trailers locally, i just place trailer links in nfo, but ember sets http links to trailer with that the yt plugin in xbmc cannot work on that base i change trailer links in db automated to a link style that fits with yt plugin.

Greetz X23
I used to do that as well, somewhere when I first started posting here, I posted a way you could modify the stuff Ember puts in and it would work with XBMC.

But as Olympia pointed out - once the paths change or the trailer is removed, all that hardwork for nothing. So now, I download them. Sure, most of my SD trailers for old films are like 15-25 meg apiece.
one800higgins Wrote:Okay, it's been a long time since I used Ember. I want to use it to pre-scrape data, but I stepped away from it and relied on XBMC's native scraper for the last 6+ months because one issue...

Does Ember still not autoscrape new TV shows like it does with Movies?

No, you have to do it manually.

one800higgins Wrote:So, is this still the case or is there a way to scrape both TV shows and movies now from the command line?

Don't know the answer to that, but XBMC auto-scrapes, so why not just use the inbuilt XBMC yoke instead?

For my own uses, I do everything manually. That's why I use ember, cause then I have absolute blue control.
fional Wrote:Don't know the answer to that, but XBMC auto-scrapes, so why not just use the inbuilt XBMC yoke instead?

For my own uses, I do everything manually. That's why I use ember, cause then I have absolute blue control.

I'd rather use an external scraper in the event that I need to transfer my movie library elsewhere or the library becomes corrupt or something else. I just prefer the quality of the EMMr software over XBMC's built in scraper. Trust me, I know how the XBMC one works but I was hoping to use EMMr while still keeping my system automated.

Since it's a feature that works perfect for Movies in EMMr, I don't understand why the same functionality wasn't extended to TV Shows. Was hoping that's been fixed since my last EMMr attempt.
Jyujinkai Wrote:trying to download as i ahve a new system and every time I try I get

emberapi.master threw an exception

what do i need to do to get this to work?

<bump>
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
one800higgins Wrote:I'd rather use an external scraper in the event that I need to transfer my movie library elsewhere or the library becomes corrupt or something else. I just prefer the quality of the EMMr software over XBMC's built in scraper. Trust me, I know how the XBMC one works but I was hoping to use EMMr while still keeping my system automated.

Since it's a feature that works perfect for Movies in EMMr, I don't understand why the same functionality wasn't extended to TV Shows. Was hoping that's been fixed since my last EMMr attempt.

I prefer EMM-r as well, as I like making the decision per tv-show and per film. After doing 20TB of media, however, it did become tedious.

If you did use XBMC to do the scraping, you can then export it and it will create .nfo files just like EMM-r has done for you. In some ways, with TV-Shows, actually a bit better. Because the TV-scraper in EMM-r doesn't seem to handle TV Show Specials as nicely as XBMC.

While I don't know when the last time you used EMM-r...it hasn't been updated since I've started using it, apart from keeping the movie scraper going which Olympia has done.

Jyujinkai Wrote:<bump>

Sorry, I can't help you - I don't even know what that is.
When downloading extrafanart i keep getting these images:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7715/thumb1bxj.jpg

I tried using the scraper from Olympia and also tried the original one.
Its not just one movie but a lot of them.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:When downloading extrafanart i keep getting these images:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7715/thumb1bxj.jpg

I tried using the scraper from Olympia and also tried the original one.
Its not just one movie but a lot of them.

The same image?? That's just weird. Did the proper image in extra fanart happen as well?

I just tried it with Mad Max I and I didn't get that. Just for a laugh, did you try doing the extra fanart with Rogue's?
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13