• 11(current)
Release Best of NHK
(2019-12-16, 12:32)samsonluk Wrote: "Live Stream" 1080 not works today... 720 is fine. 

Maybe NHK is experimenting with 1080 live stream. It is fixed now, but if NHK drops 1080 stream again, then I may not be able to fix it.

Also, new release also has Chinese language (Mandarin audio and/or Chinese subtitles) live stream now.
The program schedule for Chinese language stream does not match the English stream. I am not providing the Chinese program schedule.

Enjoy!!
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
misty01,

Just wondering, could your addon eventually end up in the official repository, instead of another (arguably unsupported) NHK addon?

Have you considered parsing for links NHK app XML file, which another addon uses, so you don't have to update it manually? This should be more robust and it looks like that the problem with that addon is not in a link, but something else (can't tell for sure, don't have any kodi addon development knowledge).
(2019-12-17, 20:08)Krom Wrote: misty01,

Just wondering, could your addon eventually end up in the official repository, instead of another (arguably unsupported) NHK addon?

Have you considered parsing for links NHK app XML file, which another addon uses, so you don't have to update it manually? This should be more robust and it looks like that the problem with that addon is not in a link, but something else (can't tell for sure, don't have any kodi addon development knowledge).

Hi Krom,

As already mentioned in a recent reply, I've elected not to submit my add-on to the official kodi repo. There is nothing wrong with submitting to the kodi repo, but it is not for me.

The xml file you mention and the video links associated are defunct, that is why the other add-on NHK World Live does not function anymore. I am fully aware of several xml file paths, all lead to dead ends.
To get the NHK World Live add-on fixed would require a rewrite of the code because the xml file that the code is written to extract data from is a dead end.

Robustness of video links really depend on the website owner (in this case NHK World) not modifying their infrastructure, back-end servers, updating their web design and other factors only the website owner controls. Add-on developers are always a step behind and must learn anew the changes that websites implement to successfully scrape new / changed video links. It is a challenge sometimes and great efforts are made to get reliable working links. Believe me, I hate when I find a working link and days later the website changes again and I have to find new working links.

How I wish (as many probably would like as well) that there was a magic bullet solution within kodi to just enter the website url and magically fully working add-ons were created that also auto-updated themselves when website changes occurred. But then it would take out all the fun and challenge of maintaining an add-on that many people have come to rely on.... maybe one day my wish will come true, but probably not.

Please enjoy Best of NHK.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Today no NHK VOD's at all.
I just tried to watch the sumo preview but no go.
Misty our savior to the rescue
(2020-03-07, 15:11)asik1 Wrote: Today no NHK VOD's at all.
NHK did some code change, but should be working again.

Enjoy!
(2020-03-08, 04:10)misty01 Wrote:

Enjoy! 
(2020-03-08, 04:54)infinityab Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 04:10)misty01 Wrote:

Enjoy! 
Great App for Pi - thanks I use it all the time, but just tested NHK On Demand and tried to get into the various program subject folders and it fails at that point - the log fault says default.py line 328 and others
(2020-03-08, 04:57)infinityab Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 04:10)misty01 Wrote: NHK did some code change, but should be working again.

Enjoy! 
Great App for Pi - thanks I use it all the time, but just tested NHK On Demand and tried to get into the various program subject folders and it fails at that point - the log fault says default.py line 328 and others 
Don't have a Pi to test on, but I did not make any code changes in that section of the add-on code, so if it worked before it should be working now. I did test the fix on my old android tablet running kodi 15.2 and I have no problems in the On Demand section. I also tested on an iMac and Win 10 PC, again no problems. I do know for unknown reasons the add-on will throw an error (I think timing errors fetching a webpage from NHK), but if you try again then it works. Not sure how I can help you.

NHK apparently made some changes to their News video feeds, so the News section is not working right now. I'll look into that when I get a chance.
(2020-03-08, 06:59)misty01 Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 04:57)infinityab Wrote:
Don't have a Pi to test on, but I did not make any code changes in that section of the add-on code, so if it worked before it should be working now. I did test the fix on my old android tablet running kodi 15.2 and I have no problems in the On Demand section. I also tested on an iMac and Win 10 PC, again no problems. I do know for unknown reasons the add-on will throw an error (I think timing errors fetching a webpage from NHK), but if you try again then it works. Not sure how I can help you.

NHK apparently made some changes to their News video feeds, so the News section is not working right now. I'll look into that when I get a chance.   

Since yesterday , the "NHK World Live Stream" has been inaccessible with the "kodi.log" file showing the following relevant errors :
Code:
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>                                                                                 
Error Contents: HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error                                                                      
(2020-03-08, 16:09)BenderBRodriguez Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 06:59)misty01 Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 04:57)infinityab Wrote: Great App for Pi - thanks I use it all the time, but just tested NHK On Demand and tried to get into the various program subject folders and it fails at that point - the log fault says default.py line 328 and others    

Since yesterday , the "NHK World Live Stream" has been inaccessible with the "kodi.log" file showing the following relevant errors :
Code:

Did the add-on auto-update to 1.0.45? I pushed the fix yesterday. My own devices updated to 1.0.45 so I know auto-update is working fine if settings in kodi are set properly.
(2020-03-08, 23:47)misty01 Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 16:09)BenderBRodriguez Wrote:
(2020-03-08, 06:59)misty01 Wrote: Don't have a Pi to test on, but I did not make any code changes in that section of the add-on code, so if it worked before it should be working now. I did test the fix on my old android tablet running kodi 15.2 and I have no problems in the On Demand section. I also tested on an iMac and Win 10 PC, again no problems. I do know for unknown reasons the add-on will throw an error (I think timing errors fetching a webpage from NHK), but if you try again then it works. Not sure how I can help you.

Code:

Did the add-on auto-update to 1.0.45? I pushed the fix yesterday. My own devices updated to 1.0.45 so I know auto-update is working fine if settings in kodi are set properly. 

OK , the Live Stream ( 1080p ) seems to be working properly now since the 1.0.45 update.

For some reason , my Kodi version 18.5 instance ( LibreELEC 9.2.0 ) was showing version 1.0.44 as the latest until late this afternoon ( EDT ).

Thanks for all of your time + effort in getting this resolved so quickly !
@BBR, Glad it's working for you.

~~~~~~~

NHK World News section is now fixed (v1.0.46). Also added News At a Glance to the News section.

Enjoy!!
Thank you so much misty for this, works like a charm!
(2020-03-22, 19:39)nathanpo Wrote: Thank you so much misty for this, works like a charm!
No not now... again something get in the way and no VOD or anything...
(2020-03-23, 09:06)asik1 Wrote:
(2020-03-22, 19:39)nathanpo Wrote: Thank you so much misty for this, works like a charm!
No not now... again something get in the way and no VOD or anything... 
Hi asik1,

Not sure what is going on at your side. Since where I live has been asked to do Coronavirus quarantine I've had a lot of time to watch NHK video with no problem. Of course this has also given me some time to add a few things and clean some more code up. A new update will be released soon with the things I added, but the base code has not changed much because it is working.

If anyone else has had problems or not in the last couple of days, please reply. It's been working fine for me.

misty
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best of NHK1