• 119(current)
Mod Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED)
The main menu navigation is behaving really odd.

Currently
when tapping right while on any of the items in the main menu (movies, music, tv shows, ...) the user lands on the top icons (the small ones at the very top).

Expected
I would expect and suggest, that the user should instead land in the widget section i.e. on the item at the top left. Should the user then want to navigate to the top icons, user would have to press "up".
Not a lot would change, the only change is that the user lands in the widget area instaed of the icons after pressing right.

This suggestion assumes that the widgets cover the most important actions:

- watching a movie that was just added
- watching in progress movies
- watching a random movie
... you get the idea

So there's no real need having the user navigate to the movie library and do a lot of scrolling and fiddeling.

The other assumption is that users will adapt to widget usage as soon as Estuary is stable default. By that I mean, that users will use the widget section a lot more than the top icons. The latter is a plain assumption out of thin air and I might be wrong and majority of users use the icons more than the actual widget areas. But I'd assume otherwise.

The faulty behavior is documented in a screencast here: https://vid.me/DiFc
(2016-09-01, 02:09)Pasado Wrote:
(2016-09-01, 00:53)bmonster Wrote: Hi again,

For some reason on the home screen, the default recently added movies widget isn't pulling thru the logo.
The one below unwatched movies is pulling them the OK, do you thjnk this is a skin problem?

Regards

It could simply be the case that not all movies have a clear logo, I take it thats what you mean?

Yer they do, show up fine on info screen..
(2016-09-01, 09:29)Syncopation Wrote: The main menu navigation is behaving really odd.

Currently
when tapping right while on any of the items in the main menu (movies, music, tv shows, ...) the user lands on the top icons (the small ones at the very top).

Expected
I would expect and suggest, that the user should instead land in the widget section i.e. on the item at the top left. Should the user then want to navigate to the top icons, user would have to press "up".
Not a lot would change, the only change is that the user lands in the widget area instaed of the icons after pressing right.

... you get the idea

So there's no real need having the user navigate to the movie library and do a lot of scrolling and fiddeling.

The other assumption is that users will adapt to widget usage as soon as Estuary is stable default. By that I mean, that users will use the widget section a lot more than the top icons. The latter is a plain assumption out of thin air and I might be wrong and majority of users use the icons more than the actual widget areas. But I'd assume otherwise.

I don't seem to have it but then again I'm using KodiSetup-20160829-32fb8c5-master and Estuary MOD 1.5.7
persisting with latest nightly and latest estuary mod. so probably a macOS specific bug?

@synopsis which OS are you on?
(2016-09-01, 09:29)Syncopation Wrote: The main menu navigation is behaving really odd.

Currently

Expected

... you get the idea

Just check and also have the same behaviour on windows + latest nightly + estuary MOD 1.5.7
Moanbag is in da place!
YES, the default navigation logic should definitely go over to the content, not the row of options. +1 @Synopis
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 21, 13th-gen i7, 32gb RAM, nVidia RTX 4090
(2016-09-01, 18:19)Syncopation Wrote: persisting with latest nightly and latest estuary mod. so probably a macOS specific bug?

Nope, same behavior in Windows 10.
ok so we all agree that the default behavior is broken. @Guilouz would you be willing to adjust that behavior? the default estuary behaves as expected.
(2016-09-01, 18:19)Syncopation Wrote: persisting with latest nightly and latest estuary mod. so probably a macOS specific bug?

Windows.
(2016-09-01, 22:01)Syncopation Wrote: ok so we all agree that the default behavior is broken. @Guilouz would you be willing to adjust that behavior? the default estuary behaves as expected.

What do you mean? I'm not really understand.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2016-09-01, 05:51)Gracus Wrote:
(2016-08-31, 07:35)Gracus Wrote: Then the little request...
I personally use clearart at the bottom right when watching movie or TV show
So I find a little bit useless to also have clearlogo on the top center of the screen

Would it be possible to add a setting to disable clearlogo when playing movie or TV show?

Bump on this one

Another bump...

I also see another thing that may be help you and/or phil65 with the "stretch 21:9 issue"

This particular view shows poster without being stretched:

Maybe looking at the code of this part of the skin could help to solve the issue
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-09-02, 01:22)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-09-01, 22:01)Syncopation Wrote: ok so we all agree that the default behavior is broken. @Guilouz would you be willing to adjust that behavior? the default estuary behaves as expected.

What do you mean? I'm not really understand.

When you are on the home screen with the TV, Movies, Music, Addons, Weather, etc. on the left side of the screen--- if you highlight TV and press right the highlight should go to the top row of your media (recently added or whatever). Instead the highlight goes to the small row of icons ABOVE your media where you can perform actions like updating the library or whatever. Logically navigating from any item on the left should by default take you to your media instead of the tool icons above them.
(2016-09-01, 05:50)Gracus Wrote:
(2016-08-31, 15:20)Guilouz Wrote: https://github.com/phil65/script.module.kodi65

Has been updated yesterday.

I use the link but it does not solve the issue

Finally find it: actionhandler seems not updated about the "codecinfo ->playerdebug" thing

Made the change myself and now it works!

actionhandler not needed now. You must install latest script.module.t9.search : https://github.com/phil65/script.module.t9.search
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2016-09-02, 02:21)Gracus Wrote:
(2016-09-01, 05:51)Gracus Wrote:
(2016-08-31, 07:35)Gracus Wrote: Then the little request...
I personally use clearart at the bottom right when watching movie or TV show
So I find a little bit useless to also have clearlogo on the top center of the screen

Would it be possible to add a setting to disable clearlogo when playing movie or TV show?

Bump on this one

Another bump...

I also see another thing that may be help you and/or phil65 with the "stretch 21:9 issue"

This particular view shows poster without being stretched:

Maybe looking at the code of this part of the skin could help to solve the issue

Normal, it's a fixedlist with aspect ratio keeping. Others are just lists.
 Estuary MOD V2 
I'm bringing up that issue again (although I don't know if it's directly skin related). When for example I'm viewing my movies in the poster overview and go to the side menu (where I can sort movies, set filters and so on) and use the search function at the bottom (right above your logo) - not only pops up a completely different search dialog (not the T9 one) but it also acts weird e.g. typing the letter 'e' in the search field starts some PVR function.
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED)36