• 12(current)
Release [beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released
Wow this skin looks great, thanks for your awesome work on it.

A few questions:
1- When customizing "Movies" menu entry I can edit custom submenu items. In "TV Shows" there are custom entries but they are greyed out and I cannot create custom TV Shows submenu items. Is this a bug or something that hasn't been implemented yet?
2- Is it possible to get more custom main menu items available? I need 3 custom items: link to WMC guide, link to my steam games, and a link to wmc netflix. Maybe I could edit the youtube main menu entry if creating functionality for more custom menus is too hard. Can someone let me know where I can find the file to edit where the youtube main menu item points to? I would like to redirect it to a favorite.

Thanks again for your work, very nice skin!

:edit: #2 was pretty easy. I just edited HomeNewMenu.xml and found the youtube section. I changed the <onclick> in that section to use the command I had saved in my favorites.xml that points to netflix in wmc.

It looks like this now:
Code:
<item id="903">
    <label>Netflix</label>
    <thumb fallback="backgrounds/fallback/yt-thumb.jpg">$INFO[Skin.String(yt.thumb)]</thumb>
<!--    <onclick>RunAddon(plugin.video.youtube)</onclick> -->
    <onclick>PlayMedia("plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?9904f27272d9d9b3d8d9efd7ec0361b8/ee579c15b71109d4e96a118f1a56bf33")</onclick>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(plugin.video.youtube) + !Skin.HasSetting(homemenu.youtube.disable)</visible>
  </item>
Not ideal but I am happy Smile
@jdoo:
Thx, there was a bug. Fixed it and they aren't greyed out in the package.

Maybe more custom items are available in the future, but you can use the MyMenu buttons for it.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2014-05-26, 02:24)SarahB Wrote:
(2014-05-25, 06:47)sualfred Wrote: @Sarah:
Really? I always thought it's 12x12mm. If I'm wrong, I will correct it Wink

Thanks. I'm not too worried about it, and i have noticed it seems to affect some Album Art views more than others. It seems fine with 'Slide' for example, but List, Thumbnail, and Left List have the sides cut off somewhat.

Also, all my music already has CDart, and i've noticed on the Now Playing screen that it's putting up another CD image behind my own. I've taken a couple Screenshots and overlaid a Green Square to kinda show what i mean. You can see in the Left List view how it's cutting off the name etc.

Hope that helps, but otherwise i'll live with it Smile

I uploaded an WIP package for testing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gwfxfho6ymuyu...refred.rar

Don't have time to test it right now. Can you please check if the album artworks fit and the cdart overlay issue is fixed now?

This package also includes following changes:
- Option added: Disabling glas effect (skin settings -> other)
- Added: in progress widgets option to use only movies/tvshows instead of a mix of both (skin settings -> home menu customization -> other)
- Added: PVR backend recording information -> please test it
- Removed: thumb menu style -> thumbnail slideshow for videos button and replaced with a single image
- Cleanup: Background/Thumbhomemenu logic
- Fixed: custom item enabled/disabled issue for tvshow submenu
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
This package also includes following changes:
- Option added: Disabling glas effect (skin settings -> other) --> Works
- Added: in progress widgets option to use only movies/tvshows instead of a mix of both (skin settings -> home menu customization -> other) --> Didn't work, It seems complete menu item is gone.
- Added: PVR backend recording information -> please test it --> Didn't work
- Removed: thumb menu style -> thumbnail slideshow for videos button and replaced with a single image
- Fixed: custom item enabled/disabled issue for tvshow submenu --> Works

Haven't tested music fanart/disc art yet since i don't have music in collection atm.

/edit:
Suggestion to change refred in XBMC settings to reFred Wink

I also noticed Shift and CapsLock disappear when selected using virtual keyboard.
And the dark overlay in some menu's seems to be more black then dark blue, could be a OpenELEC issue because on Windows it seems to look fine.
(2014-05-26, 13:41)schumi2004 Wrote: This package also includes following changes:
- Option added: Disabling glas effect (skin settings -> other) --> Works
- Added: in progress widgets option to use only movies/tvshows instead of a mix of both (skin settings -> home menu customization -> other) --> Didn't work, It seems complete menu item is gone.
- Added: PVR backend recording information -> please test it --> Didn't work
- Fixed: custom item enabled/disabled issue for tvshow submenu --> Works

Haven't tested music fanart/disc art yet since i don't have music in collection atm.

/edit:
Suggestion to change refred in XBMC settings to reFred Wink

Thanks for your feedback.
I tested the inprogress widget thing and it works for me on 2 different PC's. Strange Oo
For the PVR backend thing -> I adopted the changes of Jeroen to Refocus. Maybe I forgot something
I'll test the inprogress on another system, thanks.
Thanks!
(2014-05-26, 15:15)sualfred Wrote: Thanks!

Sorry for late reply, In Progress works perfectly.

How do I get rid of the debugging info? Home.xml etc bottom left?
/edit: found it custom_debug.xml

Regarding stuff for scheduled PVR recordings.
https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.ref...88e3cb8cc5
/edit: Working on it myself so can share changes here. You don't have skin on github do you?
Have some issues pushing it to github and did not had the time to fight with it yet.
Let me know if you fixed it and I will implement it within a sec Smile
(2014-05-26, 22:23)sualfred Wrote: Have some issues pushing it to github and did not had the time to fight with it yet.
Let me know if you fixed it and I will implement it within a sec Smile

I fixed it but there is a minor issue http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1720446
Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfy7noj6nr3oej...d%20v2.rar

I also tried to have it active when Live TV is highlighted but that didn't worked out as expected.
Not a skinner, i can only mod things here and there.

/edit:
Btw, you mention in startpost mouse etc isn't supported but it works flawless here Wink

/edit2:
To get back on In Progress, it's broken!
I did a couple of skin reloads and suddenly it's gone.
Also when disabling this menu item in skin settings you shouldn't be able to still select movies or series for it, currently you can when disabled.

/edit3:
Are you planning new views like this also http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1720488 ?

/edit4:
Noticed another thing when watching LiveTV. When you press INFO you will see a countdown timer running on steroids for ages.
Hi, here's some feedback, do as you will with itWink

- the loading animation looks really nice but for example on the pause screen I wouldn't use it. To me it makes more sense to only show it when xbmc is actually doing something. Also when seeking with the osd menu open, the new seeking animation is displayed on top of the old big letter style seeking text.
- some shows don't have an imdb rating so i would add it last in media flags.
- spinning cd art sort of stutters. I've seen this in other skins too, is this common or just me? Same thing happens with loading animation but much less noticeable.
@schumi:
Thank you. I will take a look into it and fix the issues.
Regarding the mouse: it works, but not perfectly.
I made a similar view like reynold did, but I didn't really liked it. Then the BottomSlide was born.

@doktrjones:
The pause animation will be changed Smile
And thanks for the IMDB thing, I will add an invisible tag if it's empty.

For me no CD stutters. Maybe your FPS are too low or it's caused by a very low refresh rate.
@sualfred
Thanks.

Another thing I noticed. When you have a empty library you can't select any sub option for it in skin settings, that's good. What isn't is that Movies menu item is available then in main menu. Doesn't happen for series.
Any chance to introduce support for PlexBMC? That would be really cool Big Grin

And one Question: If I specify one global Background it is not showing in the Home-Menue-Sections, what do I need to setup to get that displayed?

Thanks again for this really beautiful Skin Smile

Regards
Vlaves
@sualfred - Around line 1360 of IncludesHome.xml you need to add the following:

Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(globalGlass.disable)</visible>

This is for the glass effect on the weather widget.

Also, if you go to System > Refred > Customize Home Menu > System and select "Home Menu" then exit back to the home menu. Now go to System and select from the sub-menu "HOME MENU" and you will end up with the following screen in the pic I've provided.

Here is the fixed file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Zwrc5...sp=sharing

Cheers!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[beta] reFred - 1.2.0 Beta 1 released22