• 123(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
hentai23 Wrote:ok got it and tbh i think im gona purchase the full lifetime thing , usually dont purchase but this is ridiculous without multithreading and thats an premium option
I've got to pay the bills somehow. Honestly, MCM is not something that can be done part-time whenever I have the time, but requires 60+ hours/week of attention (including support) so either the quality of the program fades or it remains a product that contains some premium-only features.

hentai23 Wrote:btw it would be awesome if you could mark the already scraped movies so it doesnt always do a complete rescrape when i click rescrape all movies -.-' only to get new metadata etc for movies that havent been scraped yet
This is what auto-scan does (and is a free feature). Or you could just filter out all of the titles that have meta-data (there's a filter button under the list) and then highlight all (Ctrl+A) and right-click to fetch, but that takes a few extra steps. You can also drag-n-drop movie folders from your computer right to Media Center Master to fetch them too.
Peter Souza IV
Media Center Master (MCM)
Usenet & torrent downloading, artwork management, theatrical trailers, subtitles, organization and metadata for movies & television, and more...
i see i understand now xD, feel ya bro no prob

so what you are telling me is autoscan marks the movies with preexisting data and so when i select rescan all movies itl ignore those? that would be perfect and much like ember

btw that torrent integration feature is a strong selling point of this too btw xD nothing like it on da entire webz -.-'...that actually works
hentai23 Wrote:so what you are telling me is autoscan marks the movies with preexisting data and so when i select rescan all movies itl ignore those?
Not quite. Auto-scan will monitor your collection and look for any titles that are missing meta-data (highlighted red). If it finds one, it adds it to the fetch queue automatically -- and the fetch queue will start fetching those folders.

I would turn off renaming features first, in case it fetches something incorrectly and you want to fix that title. You can always go back later and tell it to auto-rename all movies.
Peter Souza IV
Usenet & torrent downloading, artwork management, theatrical trailers, subtitles, organization and metadata for movies & television, and more...
oh so you telling me that i dont have to click refetch all media titles , but that it monitors my folders and as soon as one pops up without metadata itll automatically fetch the metadata etc for it, in what time interval does it do this? of course confirming if it is the right one since i set it to confirm now after i found out autoscrape isnt always optimal when theres more than 1 result xD

and it would be cool to change the search names for the movie too instead of just the enter imdb id if it wont find a certain movie or brings up in incorrect result btw
hentai23 Wrote:oh so you telling me that i dont have to click refetch all media titles , but that it monitors my folders and as soon as one pops up without metadata itll automatically fetch the metadata etc for it
Exactly.

hentai23 Wrote:in what time interval does it do this?
Up to you. The main settings & preferences tab lets you choose how often it looks at your collection. Wink
Peter Souza IV
gotcha , thanks , and hope you add anidb scraper for tv shows soon my ticket is like at the end xD

perhaps even an option to manually asign the category of an folder like movie or adult or tv show , havent seen that i think, as much as i know it autoasigns the category hmmm...

it would be cool to change the search names for the movie too instead of just the enter imdb id if it wont find a certain movie or brings up a incorrect result btw
Polyamid Wrote:I have problems with manual scraping. I have my movies on a Lucid Ubuntu System (ZBOX) and use the EMM over the net from a Win7 workstation. At first everything was nice but now im not able to pick a cover poster out of the scraping results.

I select a movie to scrape and make my choice from the list of results in imdb. after that it shows me results for posters, fanarts and so on. I can pick a Fanart without problems. After I pick one of the posters the ok button is greyed and not choosable. An error ist shown that some value has to be 1 or less. I still have the choice to pick a poster from my harddrive.

I'm using another version that was built off this version. I had to disable native scraper and turn on Rogue scraper and the problem completely went away. It was a new problem, started about a week ago, so it might be the native scrapers.
Question 
Hello,

I am running revision 2422 and have recently run into an issue when scraping movie poster with the Ember Native Movie Scraper. After it scrapes the covers and generates the thumbnail, I no longer see the different image size options along the bottom, also the 'OK' button is disabled I can only click 'Cancel' As soon as I click on a thumbnail to select it an error box pops us for a few seconds saying:

"An Error Has Occurred - Argument 'Length' must be greater than or equal to zero"

So under the scraper settings in the "Get Images From" section only themoviedb.com was selected, I unselected that and checked off MoviePosterDB.com instead. This now allows me to click on a thumbnail without getting the above mentioned error message, and the OK button is no longer disabled, however I still don't see the various image sizes along the bottom.

This seems like it may be an issue with the API from themoviedb.com, am I the only one getting this error right now? Sad
rkolech Wrote:Hello,

I am running revision 2422 and have recently run into an issue when scraping movie poster with the Ember Native Movie Scraper. After it scrapes the covers and generates the thumbnail, I no longer see the different image size options along the bottom, also the 'OK' button is disabled I can only click 'Cancel' As soon as I click on a thumbnail to select it an error box pops us for a few seconds saying:

"An Error Has Occurred - Argument 'Length' must be greater than or equal to zero"

So under the scraper settings in the "Get Images From" section only themoviedb.com was selected, I unselected that and checked off MoviePosterDB.com instead. This now allows me to click on a thumbnail without getting the above mentioned error message, and the OK button is no longer disabled, however I still don't see the various image sizes along the bottom.

This seems like it may be an issue with the API from themoviedb.com, am I the only one getting this error right now? Sad

Like I said in the post above you, I was getting the same thing. Can you change scrapers? That worked for me.
rkolech Wrote:Hello,

It's not an issue, per se -- that infers that there's a problem that will be fixed.

They changed their API result format so that artwork is only shown in a single list of images now instead of posters and backdrops getting redundant secondary lists. This broke many things (I had to compensate in MCM for example), including this scraper. If there is a third-party alternative scraper for Ember, as I think the other folks have mentioned, you'll have to use that -- or you'll have to switch away from Ember altogether as I don't believe further development is being done with the project.
Peter Souza IV
Polyamid Wrote:I have problems with manual scraping. I have my movies on a Lucid Ubuntu System (ZBOX) and use the EMM over the net from a Win7 workstation. At first everything was nice but now im not able to pick a cover poster out of the scraping results.

I select a movie to scrape and make my choice from the list of results in imdb. after that it shows me results for posters, fanarts and so on. I can pick a Fanart without problems. After I pick one of the posters the ok button is greyed and not choosable. An error ist shown that some value has to be 1 or less. I still have the choice to pick a poster from my harddrive.

What scrapers are you using?
psouza4 Wrote:It's not an issue, per se -- that infers that there's a problem that will be fixed.

They changed their API result format so that artwork is only shown in a single list of images now instead of posters and backdrops getting redundant secondary lists. This broke many things (I had to compensate in MCM for example), including this scraper. If there is a third-party alternative scraper for Ember, as I think the other folks have mentioned, you'll have to use that -- or you'll have to switch away from Ember altogether as I don't believe further development is being done with the project.

Ember works just fine, you just need to use the alternative scrapers, such as Rogues or Olympia's. And it's free. Besides not being a fan of the interface on MCM (one of the reasons I don't use it) I certainly wouldn't pay for the additional features. Though I don't feel compelled to go into MCM's thread and promote Ember, so I usually just keep my opinion to this thread.

That said, there are developments upon Ember, just not the version I use (the one of this thread).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=ember

Ember lives in that thread and is still free.
fional Wrote:Ember works just fine, you just need to use the alternative scrapers, such as Rogues or Olympia's. And it's free. Besides not being a fan of the interface on MCM (one of the reasons I don't use it) I certainly wouldn't pay for the additional features. Though I don't feel compelled to go into MCM's thread and promote Ember, so I usually just keep my opinion to this thread.

That said, there are developments upon Ember, just not the version I use (the one of this thread).

Erm, I'm not going to get into a war with you here -- but I didn't recommend MCM? I just said to use another fetcher in Ember that's still being maintained (if there are any, sounds like there are) or a third party program -- I didn't even say mine. Tongue
Peter Souza IV
fional Wrote:Ember works just fine, you just need to use the alternative scrapers, such as Rogues or Olympia's. And it's free. Besides not being a fan of the interface on MCM (one of the reasons I don't use it) I certainly wouldn't pay for the additional features. Though I don't feel compelled to go into MCM's thread and promote Ember, so I usually just keep my opinion to this thread.

This.

I'm using the other version of EMM, but this same behavior started happening about 3-4 days ago. I simply switched to Rogue scraper and now it works fine again.
Orbi Wrote:I don't think your scraper is inferior to rogue's regarding TMDB images. Rogue scrapes from IMPAwards and MovieposterDB as well as you pointed out. That's where the difference originates. It'd be great if Rogue could update his scraper. I sent him a PM but have not received an answer yet. I don't know if he has much time to dedicate to this.

It's good you pointed out the difference between native and XML scrapers. Thanks for keeping the XML scraper up to date!

For those who still want to use it, I have made some adjustments to my scraper to get it working with images properly again. I am not planning to actively maintain it, but Orbi did ask nicely Wink

You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?giaq0dd951kdbpz
To install, drop it into the Modules folder and enable it in Ember.
I suggest you rename the old one before doing that though, in case I've stuffed something up and you need to go back!

With the dynamic nature of the sites we need to scrape for this info, I do believe Olympia's scraper is the better way to go in the long-term.
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13