• 124(current)
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)
I have been using emm-r since ember closed down and it has been working great.Unfortunately the day has come when the scraper function has stopped working.It seems to have no problem with plot,outline,actors and fanart but when i try and select a poster from the selection,the OK button becomes greyed out and i get the error 'Argument length must be greater or equal to zero'.
I have tried the latest version (2422) and also different pcs and the problem is the same .Has this happened to anybody else?
hop5uk Wrote:I have been using emm-r since ember closed down and it has been working great.Unfortunately the day has come when the scraper function has stopped working.It seems to have no problem with plot,outline,actors and fanart but when i try and select a poster from the selection,the OK button becomes greyed out and i get the error 'Argument length must be greater or equal to zero'.
I have tried the latest version (2422) and also different pcs and the problem is the same .Has this happened to anybody else?

Yes, same error cropped up. The actual error is;

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero.
StackTrace:    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Strings.Left(String str, Int32 Length)
   at EmberScraperModule.dlgImgSelect.SetupSizes(String sURL)
RogueDazza Wrote:You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?giaq0dd951kdbpz
To install, drop it into the Modules folder and enable it in Ember.

Thanks for the update! Smile
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
Are you guys using this version not able to simply change your scraper to Rogue?
tyche Wrote:Yes, same error cropped up. The actual error is;

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero.
StackTrace:    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Strings.Left(String str, Int32 Length)
   at EmberScraperModule.dlgImgSelect.SetupSizes(String sURL)

I'm having the same problem. Since I'm new around here, is this something that someone on here can fix? Thanks in advance for the help
RogueDazza Wrote:For those who still want to use it, I have made some adjustments to my scraper to get it working with images properly again. I am not planning to actively maintain it, but Orbi did ask nicely Wink

You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?giaq0dd951kdbpz
I suggest you rename the old one before doing that though, in case I've stuffed something up and you need to go back!

With the dynamic nature of the sites we need to scrape for this info, I do believe Olympia's scraper is the better way to go in the long-term.

Thank You.
No offence to Olympia's scrapper (Love it used it till this update), but I'm glad this has been updated.
RogueDazza Wrote:For those who still want to use it, I have made some adjustments to my scraper to get it working with images properly again. I am not planning to actively maintain it, but Orbi did ask nicely Wink

You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?giaq0dd951kdbpz
I suggest you rename the old one before doing that though, in case I've stuffed something up and you need to go back!

With the dynamic nature of the sites we need to scrape for this info, I do believe Olympia's scraper is the better way to go in the long-term.

Hehe, nice usually works does it not? Wink Thanks a bunch man! I kept on looking for your answer in my PM inbox and didn't see right away you had posted an update here. I'm using your updated scraper with much pleasure.

A note for the people having two rogue scraper in their settings: cut/paste the 'old' rogue scraper from the module folder to ie the main ember folder as a backup.
Hi everyone,

I just fell in love with EMM the other day but I've been having an endless run of errors, crashes and general annoyances. I'm hoping some of you could help me smooth things out. Yes, I have been over a lot of this thread - but there are 186 pages so it's somewhat tough to find exactly my issues. I've been searching and trying solutions but at this point posting my issues seems easier and less time consuming. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me out!

I'm running Win7 64-bit with the latest EMM from whatever link I found on these boards.
Originally the program would freeze and crash upon scraping, wouldn't find images, and generally not work - but I changed the scrapers to Rogue and that solved the image issues. I'm also running the program as Administrator because that seemed to fix the 'not responding' issues - although today it crashes almost immediately upon scraping.

Basically my issues are:
1. when scraping, the program goes in to 'not responding' and doesn't come out. It'll scrape 1 movie, maybe 2 before completely dying. This is my biggest issue so if there's any walkthrough/guidance, it would be greatly appreciated!
2. When trying to save settings I get an error saying access denied to writing settings.xml - or whatever the actual file is (this is what I tried to fix by running as administrator)

I really hope someone else has been through these issues and this will be an easy fix! Thanks a lot for all the postings you've already made - several of them helped resolve other issues.

*EDIT* Also as a side note- yesterday I was able to select 5-10 movies, mark them, then scrape marked items only. This worked throughout my collection of about 150+ movies. Today I tried the same thing and EMM scrapes about 3 before not responding. I also get several errors popping up along the way.

*EDIT* Additionally I'm noticing that I am able to scrape one at a time. Clearly that's not sustainable! When I scrape a movie that has been partially scraped, everything is added to the file data/folder but I get an error that I cannot create a file that already exists - I guess it won't automatically overwrite a fanart photo.

*EDIT* Temporarily fixed! I turned off renaming while scraping and now it's flying through files. However, there's several folders that have been duplicated and not deleted. I guess I'll fix that when it's done scraping. I'll still take any suggestions if y'all know what's going on! Very inconsistent, but AWESOME program!!

Cheers,
Mike
ummm does the rogue scraper scrape both moviesdb.org and imdb ?

if not is there a way to have rogue scraper scrape imdb? got alot of alternate titled asian movies and imdb is good for that

and how exactly youset youre scrapers and setting do you set rogue as first scraper or what? some specific pro settings from a pro ember user would be killer , peace

p.s: yes in this field im a noob xD
hentai23 Wrote:ummm does the rogue scraper scrape both moviesdb.org and imdb ?

if not is there a way to have rogue scraper scrape imdb? got alot of alternate titled asian movies and imdb is good for that

and how exactly youset youre scrapers and setting do you set rogue as first scraper or what? some specific pro settings from a pro ember user would be killer , peace

p.s: yes in this field im a noob xD

Rouge uses IMDB, but can grab images from theMovieDB.
If you name your stuff by the American Name:
Code:
USA Name:
Ghost in the Shell (1995)
Japanese (Romanji)
Kôkaku kidôtai (1995)
It will Scrape
to get just the USA name go to settings/Movies/Scrapers - Data
and select "Force Title Language" and set the language to USA.
thanks bro so youre saying if my movies are named after the alternative title aka english title of the asian movie then i gotta force the scrape language to english?
I managed to get it installed but when the posters come up after a scrape no matter which one I double click on the same image comes up. If any one could help that would be great.Sad
hentai23 Wrote:thanks bro so youre saying if my movies are named after the alternative title aka english title of the asian movie then i gotta force the scrape language to english?

no, Rogue checks both official title and any alternative titles. I used "Ghost in the Shell" as my example.

When IMDB sees "Ghost in the Shell" it sends back all of the data. If you do not have it force the USA title, the title will be scraped as "Kôkaku kidôtai".

All of the same information is scraped just if you prefer the USA name you might want to force it or you may have to manually rename them individually
Over time I have used several different media managers. All of which have created their own nfo files. Am I able to use ember to "clean" out all of these unwanted nfo's.
Basically my movie folders and tv show folders are becoming crowded with multiple file types. Will ember clean these out>?
Basically my movie folders and tv show folders are becoming crowded with multiple file types. Will ember clean these out>?

Ember does not do this. It will create movie.nfo files (as default - you can set it to filename.nfo in the options) or it will read existing .nfo's and use the info contained if it is compliant. Otherwise it will just overwrite the .nfo file.
  • 124(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager - Revisited (Open Source VB.NET Project)13