• 125(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-06-16, 13:15)cscott1 Wrote: every time I open Kodi from a cold start from an Android TV Channel (Kodi smart playlist / In progress TV Shows) on the shield with Kodi not running in the background I get a Bingie helper error... Just curious if this is reproducible on your end and if there is anything that can be done to remedy it? Its not a big deal I just open Kodi on a fresh start of my shield and Mi Box at the moment then hit the home button to go to the Android TV home screen and leave Kodi running in the background and I don't get the error but if its fixable that would be swell. 

I actually couldn't reproduce this on my end, but if you can and provide a debug log maybe something weird will show up. But my guess is that since loading from channel takes you directly to episodes view within the library which in turn calls bingie helper to extract the season list then it might be the case that it is called before it kodi finished its initial startup or something of that nature, so with debug log it will be easier to confirm if it's need fixing from addon side or kodi itself.
(2019-06-19, 12:10)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 13:15)cscott1 Wrote: every time I open Kodi from a cold start from an Android TV Channel (Kodi smart playlist / In progress TV Shows) on the shield with Kodi not running in the background I get a Bingie helper error... Just curious if this is reproducible on your end and if there is anything that can be done to remedy it? Its not a big deal I just open Kodi on a fresh start of my shield and Mi Box at the moment then hit the home button to go to the Android TV home screen and leave Kodi running in the background and I don't get the error but if its fixable that would be swell. 

I actually couldn't reproduce this on my end, but if you can and provide a debug log maybe something weird will show up. But my guess is that since loading from channel takes you directly to episodes view within the library which in turn calls bingie helper to extract the season list then it might be the case that it is called before it kodi finished its initial startup or something of that nature, so with debug log it will be easier to confirm if it's need fixing from addon side or kodi itself. 
Ill clear off one of my Mi boxes and load a fresh install of Bingie and load up some approved addons to see if I can reproduce the error then post the log when I get a chance... as of right now with my build a debug log would be scrutinized at minimum.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-06-18, 15:43)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 21:17)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-13, 11:06)cartman.dos Wrote: Regarding compiling Kodi - these are pretty easy to follow instructions for doing so
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/docs/README.md
It's not too complicated for windows (not UWP), for android it's a bit trickier since you can't use windows platform for that, you can run linux on vm though, and if using latest ubuntu you'd probably need to degrade java to v8 and install clang. Plus, you'd need to override the privately signed key when installing on the android platform...
This is as far as i'm willing to help on the matter, there are dedicated sub forums for that.

If anyone pulls this off for android PM me If you share the updated Bingie friendly apk. I'll buy you a beer.    

Awesome, just managed to compile from Windows. It's great being able to leverage the loading screen to load widgets even my slowest loading widget (PlexKodiConnect addon's On Deck) has completely loaded by the time the splash screen disappears.

Will try android in a few days. It'll make more difference in that platform since you have to start Kodi more often when the Amazon screensaver activates. I already have a Debian Linux VM that I run my Plex server and other applications on. I assume the same install will work on a Nvidia Shield as a Fire TV Stick 4k. I don't have access to it until the weekend though so I might not be able to tell you if it works.   
Hey buddy since your going to compile a Bingie friendly Android build for Kodi with Cartmans fixes if you don't mind it would be sweet if you could add the fixes for Android TV as well. The Pull Request Cartman mentioned earlier. 16225 (PR)
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-06-16, 16:38)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 15:52)karthikm Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 12:57)cartman.dos Wrote: I don't understand what you're asking exactly, the screenshot is pretty much how bingie looks like out of the box with default settings...
There are 3 kinds of images here: clearlogo (title of the movie), landscape (movie thumb) and fanart (the bg image).
They are all fetched automatically by artwork beef.
For me, artwork beef shows same image in bg image and landscape (that too without title ). Can you help me out with settings.
Read the 'Artwork Handling' Section here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2760870

Make sure that artwork beef setting is set to get landscape for movies and tvshows, make sure artwork beef is actually running (run it manually first to force it), test with a item in library -> open context menu -> manage -> ab: select artwork and look for 'landscape'.
NOTE: Not all items actually have landscape images in the artwork databases sites      
@Cartman.dos I believe the issue may be where the widget is linked to say a streaming addon, then from what I can tell, the landscape tile will only display the fanart. This appears to be because Artwork Beef does not seem to download artwork in this scenario as the movie is not located in the Kodi Library. To test, I added a movies  .strm to the Kodi library and then ran artwork beef at which point AB picked up the movie and downloaded the artwork.

It seems to be specific to landscape images as posters come through just fine but if you're going for the Netflix/Bingie layout then you would want landscape tiles(with title) Smile

Going through and manually adding a whole heap of movies from the streaming addon is of course not an option particularly as new movies keep coming out.

There of course may be a way to get this to work as I believe some others were able to make this happen in Bingie (possibly via using an older version of artwork downloader ).

It would be great to hear others experience and pro tips on this Smile
(2019-06-19, 14:23)Leo2807 Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 16:38)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 15:52)karthikm Wrote:
Read the 'Artwork Handling' Section here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2760870

Make sure that artwork beef setting is set to get landscape for movies and tvshows, make sure artwork beef is actually running (run it manually first to force it), test with a item in library -> open context menu -> manage -> ab: select artwork and look for 'landscape'.
NOTE: Not all items actually have landscape images in the artwork databases sites     
@Cartman.dos I believe the issue may be where the widget is linked to say a streaming addon, then from what I can tell, the landscape tile will only display the fanart. This appears to be because Artwork Beef does not seem to download artwork in this scenario as the movie is not located in the Kodi Library. To test, I added a movies  .strm to the Kodi library and then ran artwork beef at which point AB picked up the movie and downloaded the artwork.

It seems to be specific to landscape images as posters come through just fine but if you're going for the Netflix/Bingie layout then you would want landscape tiles(with title) Smile

Going through and manually adding a whole heap of movies from the streaming app is of course not an option particularly as new movies keep coming out.

There of course may be a way to get this to work as I believe some others were able to make this happen in Bingie (possibly via using an older version of artwork downloader ).

It would be great to hear others experience and pro tips on this Smile
Personally I don't use addons for streaming content but the addon developers themselves can and need to define the art for the item Inc. Landscape images and such. Otherwise a 3rd party addon like skin helper could maybe fill some of the gaps. Other than that u can integrate to library and then it should act as a local item but I'm not familiar with the integration addon itself. That is afaik on the subject.
@cartman.dos Do you, know if it is possible to re-create the Netflix login screen? Like the image below

Hi Cartman
sorry if it been asked before, the moving frame fix (netflix style) is working only for the horizontal move frame in Bingie home widgets and not in vertical move, is it something that can be fixed?
thanks man.
(2019-06-20, 07:20)scofield272 Wrote: Hi Cartman
sorry if it been asked before, the moving frame fix (netflix style) is working only for the horizontal move frame in Bingie home widgets and not in vertical move, is it something that can be fixed?
thanks man.

Hey man,
What do you mean by not working? I haven't encountered an issue with it so some details of your settings will help... And is Spotlight widget disabled?
(2019-06-20, 10:03)cartman.dos Wrote:
thanks man.

Hey man,
What do you mean by not working? I haven't encountered an issue with it so some details of your settings will help... And is Spotlight widget disabled? 
thanks for your respond man, here is a short clip where i show what I ment, : https://mab.to/O62MErvDM 
note, I'm showing aswell the Bingie view for my Movies library, there the vertical slide working well. but in the main Bingie screen when moving between the widgest up and down it doesn't "slide" Smile
(2019-06-20, 12:40)scofield272 Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 10:03)cartman.dos Wrote:
thanks man.

Hey man,
thanks for your respond man, here is a short clip where i show what I ment, : https://mab.to/O62MErvDM 
note, I'm showing aswell the Bingie view for my Movies library, there the vertical slide working well. but in the main Bingie screen when moving between the widgest up and down it doesn't "slide" Smile   

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in your video (except that RTL language is not supported yet unfortunately).
I think you mean that when vertically browsing the home widgets there's no actual slide but a very quick change of the widget itself.
If that's the issue then it is supposed to be that way, I mean, it was and still is a big trouble to make that vertical fixed browsing work. Adding a slide effect caused a lot of new issues.
Now, I'm actually working on making the transition softer and with a slide effect and gonna' upload v1.03-RC1 soon to my git and you could try it out but the main problem there is with transitioning from first widget to last/or the opposite, all of the widgets in the middle are fine, still thinking of a way to make it better but that's a tough one that I dedicated a lot of time to already.

EDIT:
This is how it should look like in v1.03
https://streamable.com/qpepm
(2019-06-20, 14:09)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 12:40)scofield272 Wrote:
(2019-06-20, 10:03)cartman.dos Wrote: Hey man,

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in your video (except that RTL language is not supported yet unfortunately).
I think you mean that when vertically browsing the home widgets there's no actual slide but a very quick change of the widget itself.
If that's the issue then it is supposed to be that way, I mean, it was and still is a big trouble to make that vertical fixed browsing work. Adding a slide effect caused a lot of new issues.
Now, I'm actually working on making the transition softer and with a slide effect and gonna' upload v1.03-RC1 soon to my git and you could try it out but the main problem there is with transitioning from first widget to last/or the opposite, all of the widgets in the middle are fine, still thinking of a way to make it better but that's a tough one that I dedicated a lot of time to already.

EDIT:
This is how it should look like in v1.03
https://streamable.com/qpepm  
you're the greatest, https://streamable.com/qpepm   this is exactly what i ment (just like in NETFLIX), i'm looking forward for this update Smile
thanks.
Any chance you can add the search feature jurialmunkey created with AZ2 where you can add custom search paths and search through multiple add ons at a time?

Loving this skin so far, feels alot a more polished compared to AuraMOD, thank you!
(2019-06-21, 01:31)Babazoolay Wrote: Any chance you can add the search feature jurialmunkey created with AZ2 where you can add custom search paths and search through multiple add ons at a time?

Loving this skin so far, feels alot a more polished compared to AuraMOD, thank you!

addons yeah, what do you mean by custom search paths?
(2019-06-16, 21:01)ZachMurphy Wrote: @Seattle2Nashville Could, you explain more on how I can use OpenMeta for images on the rows? All, I see so far with OpenMeta is that it uses Trakt. My Library consists of all TV Shows which are located on a Network Drive, and are not synced with my Raspberry Pi's Kodi Library because there are too many TV Shows and to little amount of Storage.

I dug into artwork beef and there when you run "Run" artwork beef theres an option to add artwork types to the advancesettings.xml so that kodi can natively pull the clear art for the title, everything seems to be working great on my end, lmk if you need help!
(2019-06-21, 19:29)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-06-21, 01:31)Babazoolay Wrote: Any chance you can add the search feature jurialmunkey created with AZ2 where you can add custom search paths and search through multiple add ons at a time?

addons yeah, what do you mean by custom search paths?

It's a feature from Arctic Zephyr 2 and its brilliant

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2849712
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26