• 13(current)
WIP Skin Testing: 4.2.0 - 29-09-15 - Sent to repository.
(2015-08-15, 14:24)Deihmos Wrote: I am trying out this skin for the first time and I like t but I don't understand why there isn't an easy way to add custom tiles for the video library. Also adding custom tiles is a bit confusing.

If you mean different textures/shortcuts by custom tiles, than it is actually quite easy. Just press the back button on a tile and set the addon, favourite, etc you would like access through the tile and you can aswell set the picture path to whatever location your desired tile design might lay, as long as it is on your hard drive. The only thing you can't do without altering the skin code is to add more tiles or change the layout.

You can create tile textures for lots of purposes to your own gusto on MetroIcon.net.
Just installed the latest version on GitHub and encountered a really annoying bug.

I can't go to settings through the top menu bar anymore because, although it highlights the settings gear it stays on the TV Shows screen and when I press ok, it will take me to the TV Shows list. The shifted highlighting will stay until I reboot or reload the skin and continues to show the same behaviour when I try to go to settings again. Going to settings via going through the tiles is still possible, although the highlighting will stay shifted. So when I am on the settings screen it will highlight the search icon.

Edit: Only appears with less than 3 Top Menu items, search and settings not included. (Home, Movies, TV Shows, Music = fine) (Home, Movies, TV Shows = highlighting bug)

Edit 2: It does not occur using the classic Home style, but for some reason it shows the weather page although it is disabled in settings.

(2015-08-15, 15:32)Doc.Ex Wrote:
(2015-08-15, 14:24)Deihmos Wrote: I am trying out this skin for the first time and I like t but I don't understand why there isn't an easy way to add custom tiles for the video library. Also adding custom tiles is a bit confusing.

If you mean different textures/shortcuts by custom tiles, than it is actually quite easy. Just press the back button on a tile and set the addon, favourite, etc you would like access through the tile and you can aswell set the picture path to whatever location your desired tile design might lay, as long as it is on your hard drive. The only thing you can't do without altering the skin code is to add more tiles or change the layout.

You can create tile textures for lots of purposes to your own gusto on MetroIcon.net.

On the Tv SHow menu it has 2 empty tiles. I would like to add something like inprogress Tv shows but the selection is very limited. I don't see any video library entry points.Instead I will have to use custom and type in the entry point manually.

Edit. I got it done using favorites. I wish I could make the name of the tile static and show the number of videos it contains but I don't see a setting for it. .
It would be great if the views for movies showed the content rating. Rated R, PG 13 and so on.
(2015-08-15, 16:12)Doc.Ex Wrote: Just installed the latest version on GitHub and encountered a really annoying bug.

I can't go to settings through the top menu bar anymore because, although it highlights the settings gear it stays on the TV Shows screen and when I press ok, it will take me to the TV Shows list. The shifted highlighting will stay until I reboot or reload the skin and continues to show the same behaviour when I try to go to settings again. Going to settings via going through the tiles is still possible, although the highlighting will stay shifted. So when I am on the settings screen it will highlight the search icon.

Edit: Only appears with less than 3 Top Menu items, search and settings not included. (Home, Movies, TV Shows, Music = fine) (Home, Movies, TV Shows = highlighting bug)

Edit 2: It does not occur using the classic Home style, but for some reason it shows the weather page although it is disabled in settings.

That's a conditional issue, I'll make sure it's fixed.

Using the classic home has no extra settings yet, it's still a large change that requires some tweaks.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-08-15, 16:12)Doc.Ex Wrote: Just installed the latest version on GitHub and encountered a really annoying bug.

This *should* be resolved here: https://github.com/vonH/skin.xperience1080/issues/4

Thanks. WHy do you exclude movie ratings from the different views? Movie ratings as in PG 13, R and so on? Is there anyway I can get them to show?
(2015-08-17, 01:17)Deihmos Wrote: Thanks. WHy do you exclude movie ratings from the different views? Movie ratings as in PG 13, R and so on? Is there anyway I can get them to show?

They're excluded as there's no viable place to put them. View types are meant to give an overview, pressing 'I' will give you all the information, such as ratings, release date, actors, etc.

4.1.320 is now available. German strings have been added. See changelog, first post, or git commits for further details of change.

Quote: Home: Fixes focus issue when only Home, Movies, TV, Settings enabled.

Issue still exists in version 4.1.400. Undecided
Any plans on adding the capability of changing the Home, TV, and Photos backgrounds? Would be a nice addition since this isn't possible at the moment.
(2015-08-28, 19:20)GhostRaider Wrote: Any plans on adding the capability of changing the Home, TV, and Photos backgrounds? Would be a nice addition since this isn't possible at the moment.

It is possible already. Go to Settings/Skin/Backgrounds/ and then you can set a Global background or set different ones for settings, movies, tv shows, music, etc.

Just for Photos it is not possible yet since that section was implemented recently...
Piers,

Any chance of getting a repo specifically for beta? It's quite cumbersome for those who can't update as quickly. I have a Fire TV and need to download the zip file on my PC, then open ES File Explorer on my Fire TV and enable FTP transfer. Then I hop back onto my PC and transfer the zip file onto the Fire TV and then disable FTP access afterwards and install the skin on the Fire TV. Would be much easier for us to just update straight via Kodi and will also be notified if there is an update available.

Hope you'll consider.

Thanks.
(2015-09-28, 17:10)Hustler1337 Wrote: Piers,

Any chance of getting a repo specifically for beta? It's quite cumbersome for those who can't update as quickly. I have a Fire TV and need to download the zip file on my PC, then open ES File Explorer on my Fire TV and enable FTP transfer. Then I hop back onto my PC and transfer the zip file onto the Fire TV and then disable FTP access afterwards and install the skin on the Fire TV. Would be much easier for us to just update straight via Kodi and will also be notified if there is an update available.

Hope you'll consider.

Thanks.

I have no issue with this, it's been suggested many times before but I've never got around to it. However, I plan on releasing a new version this week.

Hey Piers
A picture is worth a thousand words
version 4.2.0

• 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Testing: 4.2.0 - 29-09-15 - Sent to repository.1